Boca Ciega Resort & Marina
  • Restaurant
US$116
US$94
Cancelon
All reviewsdolphins playingview from the balconywasher and dryerpinellas trailjohn's passsaw dolphinsgreat apartmentfew morningsmadiera beachgreat place to walkbooked directlystay was wonderfulmodern furnishingsroad noiseevery morningnice poolshort drive
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We visited Boca Ciega Resort from Feb 16th to Feb 23rd, 2013 for a week of sun on the Gulf before heading to Orlando.

My wife and I stayed in unit # 404, a charming 1 bedroom unit owned by a Swedish family. The Resort is situated right on Boca Ciega Bay, with a predominantly south west view, which produced some incredible sunsets, especially from our balcony.

The resort was very clean, had a nice pool and hot tub area and the other residents were quite friendly as well. On the Monday of our week there was a resort BBQ Meet and Greet, where the Condo board members provided hot dogs, burgers, salads and a cake for any resident who came down to socialize. It was a lot of fun and we met several other couples at this event.

When we first arrived, there was a nice bottle of wine with a welcoming note on the kitchen counter, which was a very nice touch. The unit was well furnished with pieces that fit perfectly into the surroundings. The unit definitley had a Swedish appeal to it.

We tried very hard to enjoy our stay here, but the overiding issue with this particular unit is that Bay Pines Blvd bridge traffic is no more than 200 ft from the building. Our unit was is the section of the building that faced directly into this traffic nightmare. Units in the centre or left sections of the building wouldn't face nearly the volume of traffic as we did. This, unfortunately spoiled our week at Boca Ciega. We couldn't really use the balcony because of the constant noise and actually didn't even want to leave the screen door open, because it was so loud.

So if you value peace and quite while on vacation, this unit probably isn't for you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CBJ_13
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We just got back from our week stay at Boca Ciega yesterday! We stayed in #310 and loved every minute of it! The community is very quiet, which we loved! This is a very low key resort, out of the way of all of the hussle and bussle of John's Pass, Indian Rocks...etc but close enough that it doesn't take long to get there. We had no problem what so ever with the traffic of the bridge (downtown traffic would have been much worse). We saw a couple dolphins from the patio our first day there. We had no problems finding chairs at the pool, and the temp of both the pool and the hot tub were perfect! My personal opinion is the view was much nicer than the beach, there was a lot more to see from our patio, than the view at the beach (Dolphins, fisherman, Pelicans, boats). You have all of the amenities right at the condo that anyone could ask for! We did go down to the fishing pier to see what we could catch and it was nice to have a pole right there. We did buy a couple freezer mugs to take tea down to the pool while tanning, and left those there for others to enjoy. We will definitely send others your way! Thanks again for a great week of rejuvenation!

One more thing I would like to mention, if anyone is up for the best burger I've ever eaten, I would recommend going down to Wally's at Johns Pass. It's a little hole in the wall but we frequented there a couple times, their onion rings are homemade and out of this world!

The only thing I would say might be someone's CON to this place is it does tend to lean towards a older crowd, we are 40 and 35, and it was mentioned that we were "Too young to be at heavens gate" it was all in good humor and everyone was wonderful but this place is not for the All nighters or loud roudy bunch! We didn't have any problems what so ever, just thought I would make mention for the people who live here day in and day out. They may not appreciate your presence, which may make YOUR stay a little uncomfortable!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank andjen1234
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed here for the period Mar 3-25/2012 and had a wonderful time. My 23 year old daughter came for the first 10 days and my 42 year old son for the following 11 days. We all loved the place. Eating our breakfasts and lunches on the balcony with the Bay right below us and the warm breezes blowing was outstanding and so relaxing. The one bedroom condo also had a sofa bed where the kids slept. We were right on the corner of the building closest to the Green Iguana restaurant which could be a bit noisy at night but nothing disturbing. They always shut down the entertainment around 11:00PM so it wasn't a problem. My kids slept next to the balcony with open doors but were not inconvenienced at all.
The condo itself was comfortable and very clean except the carpets were badly stained. I informed the owners, who live in Buffalo, NY and they said they would look after that problem right away as they were not aware of the problem due to they're not being at the condo for a couple of years.
We loved the place, felt very safe and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and the convenience of the shopping. Everything we needed was within 10 minutes including the beautiful gulf beaches.

We never had any problems at all and I am very surprised about the difficulties mentioned by others. We absolutely would come again.

Jack R.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank jack r
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I had to cancel my trip 3 days before the deadline and had a horrible time getting in touch with anyone from the front desk. I left 4 messages in one day and NEVER received a return phone call, when I finally got through to a live person he was the rudest man I have ever talked to and would not take my information, he told me to call a company somewhere in Vero beach and then hung up on me. I was finally able to cancel thru priceline but not before i spent most of the day trying to make one simple phone call. I would NEVER EVER recommend this place based on customer service

karen

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank karen w
Reviewed 12 April 2012

#404 was a perfect place to stay at when we were in St Petersburg.
Waterfront with a lovely poolarea, inclusive jacuzzi and barbeque area. From the balcony adn poolare you can see the dolphins playing!!
The apartment had all kind of equipment as dishwasher, washing mashine and even product as a cooler to take to the beach and beachtoys.

The location was perfect with 5 min th shopping, beach, tenniscourse, golfcourse, restaurants etc....
We loved our stay here and will definatley come back!

Clean and newfurnished so the feeling was very good!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family