“Loved this part of my trip”
Review of Captain Ted Nesti

Captain Ted Nesti
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt. Ted Nesti, a U.S. Coast Guard licensed and insured charter captain, is a Florida native, born and raised on St. Pete Beach. For over 30 years, he has fished the inshore waters of the Tampa Bay area and Pinellas county as well as the Gulf of Mexico. Capt. Ted specializes in inshore, light tackel fishing targeting redfish, snook, trout, sheepshead, and sharks
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved this part of my trip”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We decided to go fishing as I have never done this before. We pick Captain Ted because of his name, who wouldn't want to go fishing with Captain Ted :) Captain Ted is very patient when it comes to kids, I had my three girls with me. He took us out to a spot where he goes to get fish. We first trolled for our bait that was fun! Ted cut up the bait and put it on our hooks for us. One of the hooks cuthis finger and put a bad cut in it. So he just, wrapped it up and we carried on to do what we planned our day to do and that was fish.

After catching our fish for the day (I had a shark that got away, what a feeling that was). He took us on a little tour. He showed us where they filmed cacoon, where Babe Ruth lived and other places. His boat seems to attract the dolphins as they followed us around our tour.

I have spent the rest of my trip fishing with Captain Ted, but Huracain Sandy was taking shape in the skies so we decided to go back in. As we docked there was dozen of pelicains waiting for us at the docks. Captian said watch this and made all of them do a little dance for us.

In a nutshell, you want to go fishing and don't know who to call, Captain Ted Nesti is the man you won't be disappointed. Thanks Captain Ted, we will see you again!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mark C

Largo, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A wonderful morning!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The day began on the sunny dock with numerous pelicans patiently waiting for a fish to be thrown to them. Captain Teddy was most the most welcoming and friendly captain we had ever met....And so our journey began out to the clear waters. It wasn't long before the dolphins arrived and as our boat revved up, they began playing at the back of the boat....jumping dolphins were awesome....then the manatees arrived...we had never seen these in the wild before....Ted was full of information, pleasant and his sense of humour was the icing on the cake ....a positive learning experience in two hours....worth every second! Try it! You will not be disappointed. Oh and if you find a manatee with sunglasses on , let Ted know cause they are mine!!!!!

four lovely friends from Toronto Canada...

Visited April 2014
4 Thank spiritual381
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Part of our Trip”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our time with Captain Ted was by far the most fun and memorable part of our trip to the Treasure Island area. He was by far the best host one could ask for. We saw beautiful sights, caught lots of fish and the best part was having the dolphins play with us. When you ask my son what his favorite part of Florida was he will tell you it was the day on the boat with Captain Ted! Even better than Busch Gardens or Disney. Seriously - if you are looking for a way to see Florida from the water and even if you aren't big into fishing this is one fantastic way to see the sights. He took us to Babe Ruth's old house as well we toured a few other famous properties. Thanks Captain Ted for the great day and helping us create memories that will last a lifetime. We hope to see you next year!!!

Visited March 2014