“Very quaint and quiet place to enjoy afternoon tea.”
Review of A Corner of England - CLOSED

A Corner of England
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very quaint and quiet place to enjoy afternoon tea.”
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I have been to A Corner of England a few times, my last visit was with my husband on a Friday afternoon. The place was quiet and relaxing, which is what we were looking for. I always enjoy the Holiday Tea and we both ordered High Tea. When the food came out, he didn't think it was going to be enough and asked if we could go eat somewhere else when we left. He was quite surprised when we left that he was actually full. The soup is always very tasty and the sandwiches are always fresh. The service is slow, but I equate that to the high tea experience and am not looking to be served quick when I come here. My previous visits have included mother-daughter days, my daughter had tea here with her girlfriends on her 16th birthday and I reserved the back room and had my college graduation tea party here. I have never been disappointed here and would recommend this place for a quiet lunch or for a private function.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Patricebill1

Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love this place”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Some friends and family of mine had decided to try the tea room out. The service was excellent, the food was fresh, delicious, and well portioned. The atmosphere was beautiful. We got to play dress-up..it was so fun. I will definitely be going back and so will my the ppl with me!!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank red_lolly
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A "Relaxing" Afternoon Tea Expereince”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My daughter and I truly enjoy going together for afternoon tea. Instead of being rushed through our meal and tea, the waitress and owner actually give you time to sit and enjoy yourself. They don't hover or contrantly check in and I appreciate this. Too often we rush through a meal and fail to enjoy the atmosphere and good company. This is an excellent place to do just that.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kara A
Treasure Island, Florida
“Hats on to this place!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

So very, very cool! High tea is served when you arrive. Didn't bring a hat? Not to worry, there is a variety you can choose from should you feel so inclined. Very 'home made' foods ... love those scones! Quite a variety of teas to suit your taste. Lots to look at during your short wait. Time flies in this place yet it is so relaxing you want to linger. Fun parties too for children of all ages!

Visited August 2012
Tampa, Florida
“I WAS CHEATED--given way less food than I ordered.”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I decided to give this place a try despite the many bad reviews here and purchased a Groupon. I made the mistake of presenting it before I ordered, and they shorted me on my order because I wasn’t paying full price. Yet I guarantee if I had presented the Groupon when paying, they would have told me I had to show it before ordering. I ordered the high tea ($17.99), and my tray came with half the items which another poster who also said he ordered high tea, World Traveler Dude, showed in his photos--including half the finger sandwiches and only one *sliver* of quiche, instead of two decent portions like he had. My tray was also two tiers instead of three--half the bottom section of my tray was taken up by jelly and cream for the scone instead of finger sandwiches. I was appalled at the tiny high tea offering even paying half price. I can't imagine if I had spent $17.99.

The tea--which is what this place prides itself upon-- was truly nothing special, and my friend’s tea was served in a pot which dripped boiling hot tea down the spout and burned his hand. The service was also very apathetic and inattentive. Never, never again. It was not worth even the half off Groupon price. The point of advertising on Groupon is to get new customers in, and to get them to like the place so much they become regulars, not to skimp them on half the items they ordered. You’ll save a few bucks, but you’ll lose far more by ensuring the potential repeat customers never return... You can have a better tea party at home.

• Visited October 2012