“Great customer service”

Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great customer service”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have used this hotel twice in the last 2 weeks. Although its just a hotel, the friendly, professional service I received from Matt was great enough for me to use this hotel a second time and worthy of my time to let everyone know how much i appreciated his service. I also work in the hospitality industry, so I'm unusually critical when it comes to the service i receive and I must admit Matt was flawless. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alfred M
KnightsInn54, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Hi Alfred!

Thank you for returning to our hotel and for taking the time to recognize Matt on his "flawless" service! We have brought on new front desk agents who focus on delivering a high level of customer service and I am glad that is paying off. Just because we are an economy hotel does not mean we have to give economy customer service! Thank you again for your review and we hope you visit us again soon.

Jeremy Robinson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I live on the east coast of Florida but work on the west coast. Every week since February 2013, I have checked in to the Knights Inn...I ride into town every Monday...I ride out of town every Friday. There's a reason that I continue to stay at this hotel. It's customer service! Everyone believes that the customers comfort and quality of their visit is "the" top priority. There are two individuals that I would like to personally thank...Amita and Matt. It is an absolute pleasure to deal with these folks. Thanks guys for making my west coast life easier. Keep up the good work! Tom F.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom F
KnightsInn54, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Hi Tom -

Thank you for taking the time to place your review and we truly appreciate your patronage! I try to stress the importance of customer service and I am glad they are living up to expectations! We look forward to your return!!

Three Rivers, Michigan
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Very clean,friendly and affordable place to stay. Will go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable one. You won't be disappointed. I would definitely stay here again. I travelled to St Petersburg, FL in December 2013 the staff was great. Especially Matt at the check in desk whom was very helpful to make sure that the customer was satisfied with every detail of there stay.

• Stayed December 2013
KnightsInn54, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Hi Cathy -

Thank you for taking the time to place your review! Thank you for recognizing Matt and the rest of the staff for doing a great job! We pride ourselves in customer service and they really do go above and beyond! Whenever you visit St. Petersburg in the future we hope you continue to stay with us here at Knights Inn!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We recently had 13 displaced families that needed a place to stay as they had just lost almost everything. One call to this hotel and Matt was on it. I have to say that he was exceptionally accomodating and so very patient with not only me but every family that we placed there. It was a Saturday night and he dealt with our situation as well as the other guests that were checking in, in the most professional and pleasant manor. He will certainly go above and beyond what I am sure is the norm for a person working at a hotel. So much so that we are placing residents there again tonight. I have personally used this hotel in the past and stopped because of the management however we will definitely be using this hotel in the future for not only our residents but personal use as well. Thank you Matt for your help and Jeremy for being so accomodating!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
KnightsInn54, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hi Helen -

Thank you so much for taking the time to place this great review! I am sorry you had an unfortunate experience with management in the past but rest assured I am the new GM and have brought on new caring and accommodating staff. I have already posted your review on our wall for all employees to see and have applauded Matt on his performance. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Don't forget to like us at Facebook.com/Knightsinn54

Regards -

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel in August, the staff was nice and friendly, the hotel was a good value for money, it was clean and safe with no thrills. If you are looking for a clean & safe place and are on a budget this is your place. The pool area was nice and is located in the middle of the hotel!!! Great place to crash if your watching the Rays!

Room Tip: Stay near the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tony s
KnightsInn54, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Hi Tony!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time out of your day to share your positive experience here at Knights Inn Tropicana St. Petersburg! I agree we provide a GREAT VALUE and thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our staff!! We hope that the next time you want to catch some rays at the pool & Rays at the Trop you stay with us here at Knights Inn!

Don't forget to LIKE US @ Facebook.com/Knightsinn54

Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2013

If I had not stayed at this Knights Inn several times before over the years (since back when it was Days Inn) I probably wouldn't have stayed there now because of the number of negative reviews. I don't understand all of the negative comments. It is an older motel so things are a little "worn" and a review I read somewhere complained because they don't have flat screen TVs! So what? The rooms are clean, have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers and have TVs that work just fine! It is only a few minutes drive to Tropicana Field (although of course you want to leave early if you're going to a game!) If you want a fancy room, particularly one close to the Trop you will have to pay a lot more. But if you want a reasonably priced, clean room with the above amenities, close to Tropicana Field, this is a fine place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank visitor1030
Anita I, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience and opinion of our hotel. Here at Knights Inn we provide clean comfortable accommodations with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. As you pointed out the prices are good, I think they are down right unbeatable especially when you take into consideration our location and the fact that we do have free WIFI and a huge pool! Thank you again for your review and we hope you continue to stay with us here when visiting St. Petersburg.

Don't forget to like us at Facebook.com/KnightsInn54

GM
Tartu, Estonia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Don’t go over negative comments posted here. Some people expect it to be like Hilton standards and also want to pay the cheapest price. When I am on vacation or when I take breaks while travelling across states, all I look for is clean and affordable room – but that’s just me as I want the room only to sleep and shower. But if you are looking for something affordable and clean room – IT’S THE RIGHT PLACE TO BE. The rooms don’t have the latest style of furniture but it is absolutely clean. The front desk and housekeeping staff is accommodating too, asked for few directions and the desk clerk Anita printed it right away. They also have a big pool and ample parking place. I would definitely recommend this place to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Clean rooms and very helpful staff. “Treat others the way you want to be treated”. There is not fit...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Roland R
Anita I, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Hi Roland -

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and for highlighting some of the bright spots of your stay! I completely agree we do provice a "Great Value at a Great Price" and we are "Clean, Affordable and Accommodating." I will be sure to share this review with Amita and the rest of the staff to encourage them to keep up the strong work. As you mentioned we have plenty of parking and a huge pool and don't forget FREE WIFI. Please continue to tell your friends and family about us and like us at Facebook.com/KnightsInn54.