“Great location”

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
joeblogs_11, Front Office Manager at Days Inn ST. Petersburg Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is a pretty average unassuming hotel. The location is not an attraction in itself but easy enough to drive from to explore the area (downtown St Pete's, Clearwater Beach etc). An easy stroll away is a supermarket and several fast food restaurants.

Our room was a little worn-looking but OK. The pool the rooms face onto is good.
The staff are a bit sullen, but not offensively so.

Breakfast was poor and not worth going to - especially when more than two other guests were in the tiny reception area.

Overall OK and no significant complaints

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My family and I were in town for thanksgiving visiting family and decided to stay at this hotel with all the great reviews it had. Staff here were wonderful went above and beyond for us, printed out directions for several things we wanted to do. Rooms are very spacious and CLEAN! My family and I all used the hot tub and pool they kept it well maintained saw someone cleaning every morning. Breakfast was good I think that where you could improve a little, but overall value was GREAT! They do have a Dunkin Donuts next door walking distance, which was fantastic! I would recommend to anyone who is traveling stay here and I have already booked my reservation for next year. Thanks for a great service see you next year!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
joeblogs_11, Manager at Days Inn ST. Petersburg Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We continue in our efforts to provide an excellent experience.
Sincerely, The Staff at Days Inn Central

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I booked my stay at the motel based on previous comments. What were people thinking?? Our room was filthy. The carpet looked and smelled like it hadn't been cleaned in years. We couldn't walk barefoot on it without our feet turning black! I wish now that I had taken pictures of what our feet looked like. It was dark inside the rooms even with the lamps turned on because of the amount of dust caked on the lamp shades. The maids during the week were very friendly-but didn't speak any ENGLISH! I don't speak any Spanish! so it was very difficult to ask for anything, or to let them know that we needed something. We were sitting by the pool visiting and someone from the front office came to our room didn't even knock on our door and inserting key to open the door and walked right in! We sat there with our mouths open in shock! Then jump up and shouted excuse me, what are you doing??? They were just as shocked to find out that we were sitting right there watching them!! DON'T LEAVE VALUABLES IN YOUR ROOMS!

Room Tip: Hot Tub doesn't work most of the time. Was there for 7 nights only worked 2 nights..Unable to m...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank frenchlk

Thank you for your comments. We have made many new changes and upgrades to our propery. We value input to help us focus our ongoing efforts to provide a Excellent experience.
Sincerely, The Staff At Days Inn Central

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The overall appearance of the hotel is not bad. My room at first glance seemed ok. A closer look revealed a not very well cleaned room. Used personal items from the previous patron still there on the floor. I alerted the front desk. After i returned several hours later I was told the room was cleaned, it wasnt much better than it was before i left. If you are single and just need a place to stay I guess its ok. But I would never take my family there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your comments. We have made many new changes and upgrades to our property, all comments help in focusing on areas to channel our energies.
Sincerely, The Staff At Days Inn Central

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Rooms are ok. But they try and charge you extra for things and don't give late checkouts and in fact call and bang on the door and enter the room prior to checkout like an hour before each time. Very rude, do not stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam M

Thank you for your comments. We regret you had less than an excellent experience. We continue to strive to improve and focus on areas where improvement is needed.
Sincerely, The Staff at Days Inn Central