“Disappointing Second Visit”

Days Inn ST. Petersburg Central
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 8 March 2014

A couple of years ago we found a clean room and friendly reception while staying at this location which is within 5 minutes of downtown St. Petersburg. Upon our recent visit our cellphone fell off the bed which required looking under it; we wish we hadn't. There was heavy dust and miscellaneous debris under it. Next we discovered a pizza box with leftover food sitting above the clothes rack. We brought these things to the attention of the manager who then stopped by the room. He was apologetic and promised that the room would be thoroughly cleaned the next day.

If it had been we would not be writing this review. But it wasn't. A coffee stirrer, coin and much dust were still behind the bedside table and dust and visible dirt covered the baseboards. All this negated the owner's investment in new flat screen TV's and duvet bedding.

Room Tip: Inspect rooms for cleanliness before registering.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
joeblogs_11, Manager at Days Inn ST. Petersburg Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you, for your review of our hotel. We also regret you were not satisisfied and appreciate your bringing the defficiencies to our attention. We assure you efforts have been implemented and we continue to strive to make sure all our staff is working to provide our guestwith the superior service and accomodations they deserve. We hope you will try us again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 March 2014

overall positive experience....room was clean on arrival and kept clean for the duration of our stay....no issues...good value for the money

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you, for your comments and review of our hotel. They help guide us in our attempts to provide superior service and accomodations for our guest. We hope your plans for the future include a retun visit with us.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graham B
joeblogs_11, Manager at Days Inn ST. Petersburg Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Reviewed 23 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank michaelmA4837LF

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have stayed in many Days Inns and for the most part they have always been of reasonable to good quality, no complaints.

Avoid this one like the plague.

I asked to look at a room before I booked it. I was shown a room with a king size bed. The room looked reasonably clean from a cursory examination. I was told the price would be $65.00 over the phone, and when I gave the woman at the desk my credit card she charged me $79.00. I pointed this out and she changed it to the price she quoted me on the phone but was very rude.

She gave me the room key and I went to the room and discovered it was a different room than the one I was shown. This room had twin beds instead of the single king bed I was shown. I went back to the office and said I wanted the room I was shown and was told "that room is reserved" I asked her "then why did you show it to me if it is reserved" and told her I wanted the room I was shown. Again she was very rude but did change the room to the one I was shown.

I left to go watch the super bowl game with friends and returned to the room about 2:00 AM.

After being in the room a few minutes I took a good look at it and saw that even though the bed was nicely made, the entire room was grimy. All the counters and surfaces were greasy, the bathroom floor was greasy and dirty, the "complimentary" shampoo bottle was half full and had clearly been used by the previous guest.

I took my shoes and socks off to prepare for bed, and after walking around the carpet for 10 minutes the soles of my feet were black and filthy. Then I began to notice the smell from the filthy carpet. I cleaned my feet with a washcloth and it was literally black with dirt.

I was awakened at 11:05 AM by a loud knocking on the door, and before I could get to the door someone opened it with a key and pushed it so hard they wedged the chain security lock so I could not remove it.

I finally got the door open and just then the operators husband came to the door and told me to get out or he was going to throw me out. This was 11:10, 10 MINUTES after check out time. I told him to get the hell away from the door and I would be out in five minutes.

He stood outside the door while I was gathering my belongings.

This place is a filthy dump.

Unless you like seedy crack house motels avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank mentorabc

Thank you for your review. We continue to review and improve our service standards. It is regretable your visit was not a most pleasant one. While some of the details of your review were unclear, ie we have no rooms with twin beds only King beds or Queen size ones. your comments will be reviewed and action taken where possible.