The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Birchwood(St. Petersburg)
  • Restaurant
Terrace Park Suites(St. Petersburg)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
The Cordova Inn(St. Petersburg)
  • Breakfast included
Ponce De Leon Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Pool
1,923 results
All reviewstower roomnew towerbeautiful hoteltennis courtsrocking chairsmain buildinghealth cluboriginal buildingbay viewal frescoold world charmfront porchself parklobby barold floridafitness centermuseum of fine arts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

my first time staying at the Vinoy and it was great! the service was top notch! from check in making sure everything went smoothly to the valet not trying to hustle me to park for their $24/night.
the room was very nice, the view was great, and the decor was done up to impress.
located right on the water and surrounded by everything to do in downtown. a must visit.

Room Tip: the room i had in the tower was nice and i suspect every room there is too!
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a decent hotel, but we were left feeling it could have been a lot better. We paid extra for a room with a balcony and bay view, but were given a room on the second floor of the tower, a separate building. The balcony was so small you had to be careful how you placed the chairs or you could hardly open to door. Also, it was a continuous balcony, each room's space divided by a metal fence giving absolutely no privacy.

A bit mean also to want to charge for internet, water, breakfast or almost anything else. Beats me how even the cheapest motels these days can offer free wifi but places like the Vinoy think it's OK to charge more for one day than you pay for a month at home.

We didn't eat in the hotel, but there are lots of places a short walk away where you can get a good meal. Found the hotel a bit noisy at night as well - not party noise, but zircon, water and the like.

Room Tip: If you pay for a balcony, insist on a higher floor otherwise it's not really worth having.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeanette R, Manager at The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I am so glad that you stayed with us at The Vinoy Renaissance Resort and Golf Club, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings. I hope that you will join us again for another stay so that you might capture a more positive experience here. I would be happy to provide a different room for you on your next stay and perhaps an alternate view might also allow for a different opinion of your stay altogether. I would also highly encourage you to join us for a meal in one of our many restaurants. We have earned many awards for an incredible dining experience. The creativity of our chefs is indescribable. Thank you again for your thoughts, and I look forward to your return in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have reviewed this hotel a bunch. So I am mainly going to comment on what has changed. We finally got away for 2 nights away from our little ones and immediately wanted to go back to the Vinoy and off to see our struggling Red Sox.

We checked in at 12:45. Check in is guaranteed at 4, but welcomed after 12. We were told the room was vacant, a king bed in the historic hotel part on a lower floor (wife doesn't do elevators), and they would expedite housekeeping. They did offer us 2 queen beds, but we opted to wait. Well, this was 12:30 on the day we got there, after driving 4 hours, and we were leaving less than 48 hours later. We really wanted to eat lunch, so we thought we would go to the room, order lunch, and relax and watch a movie before our dinner in the hotel with family in the nice restaurant in the early evening. We explained this. Well, at 3:45, they finally agreed that enough was enough, and gave us a different room.

VINOY: In the future, just tell people room not ready til 4, it was the it will be ready at any time now that made us wait 3 hours and ruin our entire afternoon, and no lunch, and literally standing in the lobby staring at people checking people in. If I knew it would be 3 hours I could have planned something to do, or at least go eat lunch!

The room was fine. Typical Vinoy historic room. Beds are good. The only issue is that the details are getting overlooked. The vents in the room where the air filter is are filthy, there is mold looking stuff near it (room 259 if Vinoy people were interested), and in the hallways where the air flow vents are, same thing. The room was tidy and clean, but just not 5 star standards of cleanliness. I would shutter to do a white glove test anywhere in this hotel, but it is not going to stop us from coming, just a tip if you ever are looking for areas to improve.

We ate at the main restaurant MErchands? It was VERY loud. there is often a convention of sorts meeting happy hour thing in there, but the acoustics are AWFUL. We were trying to talk with our relatives, at 5:30, and literally couldn't hear them. I am in my 30s, not deaf, not cranky, just bad acoustics. Can be easilly fixed with some baffling or curtains or something. The food here is foo foo nice expensive, some strange twists, but overall was ok except my wife's lobster was so foul smelling and tasting she spit it out (tacky but had to be done). Our server was awesome for most of the meal, but at dinner time, once the plates were dropped off she never came. I finished my entire steak waiting for someone to come back to look at the lobster. I have sent maybe 2 dishes back ever. Well, I asked a waiter to go get her, she came, and I think she understood that it was not bad tasting but BAD, like gone bad, like something died before cooking bad. She took it off the bill, but by then was too late to order anything else.

About 1 hour later my wife was deathly ill from the food poisoning. Even with that, the rest of the stay went fine. Saw some Red Sox players, shuttle to the game, room service breakfast, some drinks and apps in the new lobby loungy living room areas, some people watching, and we were happy.

Good hotel. Very relaxed southern charm. Location is building back up. All in all staff is great and friendly. Just a big hiccup at check in, and the lobster was rotten. Other than that, I just wish they hired like 5 extra people for 1 month to go and do the little things that are needed, like cleaning base boards and vents etc, and then it would compete with any nice hotel.

Room Tip: I always prefer the historic part 1st or second floor, smaller rooms, but so much easier to go back and forth to the lobby.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Recently stayed for five nights and had an overall positive experience. The first night was rough, we had requested a high room and quiet area. Was placed on second floor mezzanine level at end of hall. Three weddings were taking place that weekend and the room on the mezzanine (where a loud party group were meeting) was not the place to be if you wanted to sleep. By 11:30 pm I had to call the front desk, they sent security and within 30 minutes all was quiet. Next morning the desk attendent, Kim, was very helpful and found us another room on the fourth floor and all was well ever after! The staff was great, rooms were clean and tidy, nice view of the marina. I did wish they provided a mini frig in the room though, missed that. The location is sweet with the Museum of Fine Arts within walking distance along with many shops and great restaurants to check out. A bit pricey on valet parking, but for a special occasion and place it was worth it. The Alfresco restaurant was very good and our waitress, Monica, was super. We were celebrating our 40th anniversary and she prepared a delicious dessert for us to share with our names and Happy Anniversary written on the edge of the platter in chocolate! Vinoy....don't lose that lady! Will definitely return again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the historic section, ask for a bay view and at least 4th floor or higher.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went with my family of 4 we had 2 days to kill between vacations. We just drove up to get a room and everything was perfect. The front desk people were nice as were all the workers we had contact with. One of the pool attendants actually played catch with my son. Will definitely go back especially to catch a Rays game!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family