“One night for a conference...”

Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Orlando, FL, USA
“One night for a conference...”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed in St. Pete for 3 nights for a conference: 1 night here & 2 nights at Staybridge Hotel nearby.

Parking here is $15. I don't like paying for parking. Also, due to the conference here, parking was limited.

I had a few problems checking into my room. For starters, there was a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door, and I was not willing to knock to see if it was occupied. I also noted that my room was right next to the elevator.

I went downstairs with all my luggage, and the clerk was exceptionally helpful and was assigning me a new room. I asked if I could get a room not next to the elevator, and another clerk told me that my room rate was for that kind of room. My rate for the one night was $200 -- exclusive of parking and internet -- so I was surprised to find out that $200 is the rate for an elevator room. I think someone felt sorry for me and gave me a nice room on the executive floor, which entitled me to breakfast. I give major points to the staff for helping to reconcile this.

The location of the hotel is good.

Room Tip: Please read my review of the Staybridge Suites, where I stayed the next two nights.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Celebrated my last High School Reunion at the St. Pete Hilton. The breakfasts were outstanding. The check-in was fast in and up to the room. The check-out the same. The pouring-down rain gave me a free overnight park. Having to reach out and slide the room card in the gate was problematic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Tampa, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Bayfront Hilton. I was a little disappointed with my experience during my first visit, so I was a little hesitant to stay here again. But I'm glad I did, because everything about my stay was better - from the front desk staff to the concierge. I love the location (it's close to the water and downtown restaurants/bars), the decor and the beds are so comfortable.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel has a prime location near the downtown area. Very close to many excellent shops and restaurants.
The room I had overlooked the bay. The room was up to date and very comfortable. The bathroom was very small which is likely a result of the age of this hotel. If you like coffee, Starbucks is also located on the property.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room.
APOPKA, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We chose a horrible weekend weather wise but we sure chose the right hotel! The room was stylish and very clean. The beds (and pillows!) were so comfy too. As the horrible weather made it a night to stay in we called for room service. The food was really good and well presented and served. More rain the next morning so we stayed close and ate in the Tangerine Room, the on sight restaurant. It was very nice and the service was quick and friendly. The location of this hotel is great for the farmers market and many other shops and restaurants in St Pete.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed with a friend at the Hilton Bayfront for 6 nights. When checking in, they informed us of a 50$ a night deposit needed, that would be taken out of the credit card and would be replaced back in the credit card 3-7 days following check-out that I was not informed about before booking the hotel. This was not including the 179$/night that we were already paying for. The restaurant in the hotel had like 4 choices for breakfast options that were all over priced, and to simply get 3 eggs, some bacon, and juice, it would be greater then 15$, which the food was not even that good to be overpriced. The hotel has a Starbucks. Every morning when going there, they were out of bagels, muffins, and cream cheese. The bathrooms in the rooms are extremely small. The shower wasn't draining and seemed clogged, the toilet always clogged, and the sink had little to no pressure for the water. Out of the 6 nights I was there, my room was cleaned twice by housekeeping. I informed House Keeping all the times that it wasn't cleaned, and they stated "they would come back" and never did, so we were always out of toilet paper and clean towels, and our garbage cans were always overflowing. The complementary coffee in the rooms was replaced once, and the sheets were never changed once. Also, at check-in I asked the receptionist, and a night before check-out, to not charge the room with the credit card on file, and they charged the credit card on file for all the charges for the 6 nights, so I had to receive a credit that will take up to 2 weeks. The pool also has a bar, but no one serving you there, you have to call by the bar phone to order drinks or food. There are also no movies to rent through the cable service. On a positive note, the beds were comfy, and the hotel is in a good location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jared B, Journey Ambassador at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Claudia,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us . Rest assured, we will consider your review as we move forward. I would like to mention that our buffet does offer two types of eggs and also allows for a custom made omelet. Because of our Hilton going green initiative, housekeeping does not change the sheets every night, unless upon request. Linen is changed every 3 nights of your stay otherwise. We hope you come back to see us again soon!
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Hotel was very nice. Staff was excellent. Double rooms means 2 FULL SIZE BEDS, NOT QUEEN. Mattresses in 318 are extremely uncomfortable. Too bad because it otherwise would have been a very positive experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family