“No live music”

Hofbrauhaus St. Petersburg
Reserve with OpenTable
Hofbrauhaus St. Petersburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 1,011 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Went there this past Thursday, 6ish. Took out of town guests. My third visit. Although the website said live music, none tonight. Waitress, who was really nice, said changes since new management. Made reservations, but the place was maybe 1/3 filled. The food was ok, but it was just not as much fun as when the place is busy and the music loud.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Stopped in for a couple of pints of good German beer, and was blown away by the space and the decorations. Fantastic beer that tastes as it should, served by the pint or the stein. Good appetisers served by attentive hosts, and decent live music playing oompah classics that wouldn't sound out of place at the original Hofbrauhaus in Munich (which I've also visited). Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I have heard that this place was under new ownership. Apparently, the brought a new chef with them who has some pretty terrible ideas of what German food is supposed to be. My family wanted to take me for my Father’s Day meal as schweinshaxe is one of my favorite dishes. They conpletely ruined every aspect of the dish. The meat and the sides were completely inedible. This isn’t a case where they were having an off day. It was such an abhorrent meal that I felt angry and insulted all at once. I will never go back, and HB used to be a favorite of mine. I was so mad, I left my personal HB boot mug because I will never have cause to use it again.

1  Thank Cane656
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We have been hungry for GOOD German food and Hofbrauhaus was EXCELLENT. First handicap parking was provided right next to the place, fully handicapped accessible. Every day has specials, Monday’s is a variety plate of sausage and so on. The place is a beautiful German beer hall with live bands, many tables, authentic dress on the service folks, and the woodwork matches the German craftsman them. Food was reasonable, all different kinds of beer were excellent, and the entire visit was very entertaining. If your looking for a nice quiet place to talk I’m afraid this isn’t it. The music and singing are loud, the food and beer are excellent, and everyone is having a great time.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our evening out. The entertainment was fun but a bit loud. The food reminded me of the original restaurant in Munich. The prices were a bit high, but the quantity and quality of the food was great.