Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard(Miramar Beach)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$278
US$265
US$310
US$299
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$180
CandlewoodSuites
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,895 results
All reviewsluau towerbaytowne wharftram servicebike ridingconference centeranother broken eggvillage areabedroom condofull kitchenbeautiful propertyrestaurants and shopswasher and dryerfamily vacationoff seasonspring breakbrock ellisbayside
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Booked rather latish for the San Destin Wine Festival weekend in early April 2014. We are staying in a "resort view" in Observation Point South. Right near the main drag. Wow. Loud, loud, loud. We can hear everything that happens indoors and out from the unit below us. And these folks were sharers. TMI. But the location for the festival was great. Though, note, there is no laundry in the building let alone in the unit. The kitchen is minuscule. The non master bedroom is tiny and inconvenient to the separate tiny bath. I would not stay here if I thought I might want to cook dinner in for family.
The Trams to the other side if you want to go to the beach or the Hilton are reliable. Lots of miles of walking (we've clocked about 36 miles over the 4 days). The entire resort is aimed towards making everyone happy. Very service oriented. Love the marina on the Bayside.
Great spot for families. Baytown is fun with lots of activities for children including an arcade for the rainy days, tower climbing and a short zipline. It is a neat mini-replica of New Orleans in some respects - there is an Acme Oyster House and a Fat Tuesday (Bushwackers anyone?).
The tennis courts are nearby (1hr included in rental) and 4 hrs bicycle rental also close and included.
I am not likely to rush back for vacation - not quiet enough for me - but see how it can appeal to many: particularly folks with kids or grandkids.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Itravelforfood,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We hope you enjoyed the Sandestin Wine Festival and all the festival offered. We are saddened to see you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations and the location. We have so many different types of accommodations and we know we have one that will be perfect for your next stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed the Village night life and dining. We do hope you will choose to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My family and I recently booked a vacation at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. During our time at the beach we experienced excellent service from all of the employees. A special thanks goes out to Joey Curtin for his help in creating a more memorable moment and experience for our son. It is the little things that mean the most!! We will definitely see you again soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Freida S

Freida S,
Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin! We are so pleased to see your son had a great time on the beach and made wonderful memories. We have an amazing beach services team and Joey and the team do an awesome job of seeing that all of our guests have a wonderful experience and make lasting memories. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was impressed with the entire Sandestin property concept: residential, golf and retail all in one location. They have golf carts that will take your family around so you don't have to drive to the beach, you can check out bikes for a couple of hours, play tennis and visit the shops, eateries and several different pools on the property. I don't golf but that's an awesome amenity for those that do. The first day we got there we just drove around the entire property, it is BEAUTIFUL!!! I loved that the beach was private (meaning you had to either live there or be a paying guest to get access to the beach area). The room that we rented was in the LAUA ONE. It was like LARGE hotel room...but a really nice hotel room with a gorgeous view from the balcony (8th floor). There was ample parking and a nice heated outdoor pool. It's a short walk across a parking lot to the beach. Be sure to visit the Roof top for a spectacular view!!! although I did have a bit of anxiety thinking I was about to have a "HANGOVER" movie moment because I thought the door was going to lock behind me! We ate at the mexican restaurant across from FAT TUESDAYS in the village area. The waitstaff there were sooooo nice and offered helpful advise for our visit.

I loved my experience overall but here are a few negatives that may help the next person:

1. They didn't tell me you have to check in at the GRAND HOTEL (which is across the highway from where we actually stayed). I wasn't really mad because it gave me a chance to see the remainder of the Sandestin property.

2. I asked for a BEACHFRONT room with double beds (they have Beach, Bayside, Lakeside and condos). When I got there they had me in a lakeside room. They changed it for a minimal fee ($25), but when we got to the room it only had one bed. They agreed to change but it took a little while and I was tired from driving.

3. There is no front desk in the other properties, so we had to ask other guest questions some times like where to get ice (by the way bring your own because it's a hassle to find).

4. The biggest gripe I had is that although the property was beautiful it lacked some of the standards that you get use to in a regular hotel like FREE WI-FI and as large as the property is they don't have any INDOOR POOLS!!! It was cold and rainy on one of the days we were there. An indoor pool would have been ideal. It would benefit the property to add this maybe even a small indoor waterpark (like Wilderness In the Smokies).

Room Tip: Be clear on what type of room you have (beach, lake, bay, condo) and make sure it has the number of beds you need before leaving the front desk.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TonyaEl
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

TonyaEl,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. We are so pleased to see you had such a great time with us at Luau. Luau is a great place to stay with wonderful amenities and easy access to the entire resort with our unlimited complimentary transportation. We do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered regarding check-in and WIFI. We do have two locations for check-in and I apologize you were not informed of our beachside guest registration location. Luau homeowners association actually manages the WIFI network at Luau and does charge a fee. We would love to have an indoor pool for our guests as well...we hope that is amenity we are able to offer in the future. When the weather does not permit, it is nice to be able to have a place for our guests to swim and enjoy themselves. We appreciate your business and we do hope you will choose Sandestin again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The beach attendants were polite and very attentive, extremely helpful.
Michael, who took care of us, was especially great setting up our " beach camp"
I am an owner and am surprisingly pleased with the new attitude of the staff.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Beth S, Manager at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Eileen T,

Thank you for your review and your comments on our beach team. These guys do an amazing job for us on a daily basis...setting up beach chairs and umbrellas no matter the weather. Whether it is the middle of January or 100 degrees in the middle of July they are a wonderful crew that we are very fortunate to have working with us. They take care of our guests and owners like no other. Thank you for sharing your experience and interaction with Michael. We appreciate you choosing to make Sandestin your home.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This property is really a jewel in a field of resorts and hotels from which to choose from in this area of Florida. The one bedroom condo we stayed in was attractive, functional, had a view and felt like home away from home. My husband and I will stay there next year. Do not hesitate to spend your money here. You will be in good hands from the minute you check in until you leave.

Room Tip: Take a look at the layout of the property and the buildings. Then decide what view is important to you.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Paula N,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Sandestin and your recent stay with us. We do have so many different types of accommodations, all across our 2400 acres and we know we have something for everyone. From beach to bay there are amazing views of the Gulf of Mexico to the Choctawhatchee Bay. Both offer our guests sunsets and sunrises like to other. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to you coming to stay and play with us here at Sandestin soon!!