All reviewsfront deskgrand boulevardgolf coursenice lobbywould definitely stay here againdestin areashort drivebeach accessrooms were very cleanvery nice hotelwonderful stayhot tubbaytowne wharfoutlet mallhousekeeping staffmovie theaterchecking in
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We frequently stay at Marriotts, and we were a little surprised by the quality of the room. It was very small and felt crowded. We couldn't get a room with two doubles, so we had a king and a rollaway bed (had to ask three times for the bed). The sofa couch was really a loveseat and could only sleep one (and there were not sheets/pillows in the room for the couch.) The TV in the room was at least 10 years older than the hotel, and was fuzzy (luckily, we didn't come to watch TV!) We had a great bay view, and enjoyed an evening at Baytowne Wharf. The pool was fine, the gym was okay too. The hotel was brand new, so it was a surprise they built the rooms so small and so cheap.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Booked the hotel on priceline for $90.00 a night. Had requested Destin, FL, this hotel is in Miramar, FL, right beside Destin. We were planning on being in the water (at the beach) during the duration of the stay, but since the OIL has impacted everything we were unable to stay in the water. No, there is no sign of OIL, but they have closed off the dams, resulting in all the lake water funneling into the gulf right here at Destin. You cannot even see your hand under the water. There is TONS of algae in the water.. When you get out, you smell like a nasty lake. We ended up driving down to Panama City Beach for nicer beaches / water.

Anyways, onto the hotel since that is what this review is for. The hotel is in an upscale area of the town, Grand Boulevard. There is a high end mall next to the hotel, along with an applebees that we ate at. The hotel also sits on a very nicely manicured golf course. The hotel has an outdoor pool and jacuzzi, the pool is not heated, but the temperature gets warm enough around Destin you don't need a heated pool. When we checked in the process was seamless. She pulled our reservation up, I requested a King Room at check in, she said it was available. We received our two room keys and directed to the elevators. There are several doors around the building so you can park your car in an area you can see it out of your window in your room.

When we arrived to the room I was disappointed to see how small it was. There was only room for the king size bed and a chair in the room. There was also an outdated tv, I was suprised not to see an LCD in the room. There is a wardrobe closet that has an ironing board and iron. This is located about 18 inches from the bed. There is a desk next to the tv against the wall.

The bathroom was very clean, and made with ceramic and marble tile. Bathroom was stocked with shampoo, conditioner, soap, makeup towlettes.

The next morning we went downstairs for breakfast. The cost was $10.95 for the full breakfast. By this I mean, make your own waffle in the waffle iron, biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit. You can also have the chef make an omelet however you would like. I still thought this cost to much, but what the heck.

We wanted to go swimming before we checked out to enjoy the pool, normal checkout time was 11am, I called the lobby to request a late check out and was given "noon"... Well, I guess it's an extra hour, but I was atleast hoping for 1.

That morning the bill was slid under the door, so there was no need for us to go to the counter to checkout, we just left. Overall I would recommend this hotel, we received a good rate on priceline for the Saturday night. I was disappointed there was no view of the gulf, but it was July 4th, so we watched the fireworks directly from our room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I wanted to get away from the chao's of work and life for a couple days and this hotel was just the ticket. Still close to lots of things to do while a little further away from the central craziness of destin these days. Thankfully no oil there yet and I hope it stays that way. They offer a cool lobby with a bar and a nice pool on the backside and Applebee's in the parking lot. I just enjoyed the time to get away a couple days. I only interacted with the staff at check-in and out and they were very helpful. Thanks for a great stay. Only down side was all the traffic noise from hwy 98 right in front of the hotel, not really their fault. Look forward to coming back again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I would definitely recommend staying at the Courtyard Marriott. Fun is literally minutes away. My family and I had such a wonderful time! The area is great and has a lot to offer! Shopping , beautiful beaches, and great entertainment. I would have to say the highlight of our trip was enjoying a wonderful show called the LE GRANDCIRQUE.The best part is its walking distance from the hotel. My children hadn't seen anything like it and now can't stop talking about it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We just returned from our stay . We had multiple rooms for my sister, our girls and my dad. We got a super deal on Priceline, which made this even better :-)) I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this hotel!! From check-in to check-out we were constantly amazed by the friendly/helpful staff. The woman at the bar was sooooo nice to our girls, visiting with them after making their smoothies!

The rooms were very clean and comfortable, as well as spacious. I have stayed in many category 5 or higher Marriotts and the rooms here were as nice as those. Beds are comfortable, room was quiet, small refridgerator, coffee maker (or free coffee in lobby), nice bathrooms. The lobby of the hotel was nice for sitting in as well. Free parking and high speed internet too.

Beach access is less than a mile away. You can take shuttle or drive and park right at the private beach/pool area. We drove so we never had to wait. Pool area is clean and Finz restaurant is a great beachfront restaurant. There are chairs to rent at the beach or just plop your stuff down and go! Huge beautiful beach.

You are also close to the Bayview restaurants/entertainment area for dinner and activities for the kids.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family