“A surprisingly fantastic experience!”
Review of Rum Runners

Rum Runners
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in Sandestin
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Voted "Best in Casual Dining 2012 / 2013 by Destin Magazine's Readers Poll, The Village of Baytowne Wharf is alive with energy, festive events, uplifting music, delicious food and spirits. No where is that more true than at Rum Runners®, Sandestin’s premier dining and live entertainment venue. Live music fills the air seven nights a week as crowds sing along and dance with the unmatched performers here at Rum Runners. Our award winning lunch and dinner menus keep customers coming back year after year to enjoy our magical creations including specialties such as, freshly prepared seafood, steaks, chicken, pasta; burgers and other sandwiches; salads; and a variety of appetizers.Never miss the big sporting event at Rum Runners with full sports packages available and every big game being shown on the many TV’s that fill the facility both inside and outside. We offer seating inside on two floors and outside seating on 4 patios and decks – there is not another place like it. Great memories are made at Rum Runners. The great food, live interactive entertainment, and unmatched atmosphere are the main attractions at Rum Runners. Nightly, the dynamic entertainers perform a variety of hit songs from the 60′s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00's as well as today's hits and focus heavily on audience participation. It is very common to hear the crowd singing the chorus of a song while the entertainers lead them on. The wide variety of music, audience participation, high energy level, and sheer FUN make Rum Runners the place to be with family and friends when visiting the Village of Baytowne Wharf! Corporate Events, Social Events, Birthday and Bachelorette parties are welcomed and encouraged!
Ohio
“A surprisingly fantastic experience!”
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Rum Runners was our last dinner, while vacationing in Destin - we went to Baytowne Wharf for our last night out.

There was live music - he was awesome, talented and fun! We sat around for an extra hour (with more drinks) because of him.

We ordered the chicken quesadilla as an appetizer - it was good...I have a hard time finding a good and perfect quesadilla so I'm overly picky.

My husband got the diver scallops, I got the sautéed grouper and my daughter got crab cakes.

The diver scallops, while very good, were a bit skimpy on the portion size. My sautéed grouper was perfect. Was served with a perfect creamy sauce (with lump crab) and it was light and flaky...just like fish should be. My daughter liked the crab cakes (her third time getting crab cakes that week) - they were her second favorite.

Fabulous ambiance - fun and laid back. Our server was very good - automatic refills and knowledgeable about the menu.

Definitely worth a return visit.

1 Thank MrsCabes

Orlando
“OK - Bit Pricey, Bit Limited”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Were looking for late lunch, ended up with apps and soup. Agree with prior poster, good place for apps, not much else. Maybe they have full menu at night, but if a restaurant is open during the late afternoon, you'd think they'd have more than just soup, wings and other apps.

“OKAY FOR SNACKS”
Reviewed 30 November 2009

We stopped by the restaurant during lunch time to take in the football game and grab a bite to eat. The atmosphere was great. Everyone was in the football mode and it was pretty busy. I ordered a lunch salad that I thought was swimming in dressing. Make sure you tell them to put the dressing on the side, or you may have the same problem I did. I just couldn't eat it. It also came w/pecan halves, which I thought from the description would be smaller pieces of pecans, so it was kind of odd eating the salad and trying to break these up. My husband ordered the grilled chicken sandwhich (blackened). He said it was just okay. He said the chicken was a bit dry and lacking in taste. I thought it was overpriced for the quality of food. We had a couple glasses of wine while watching the game, but were advised by our waitress that before she could bring us another wine, she'd have to take our glasses and wash them because they only had 5 wine glasses in the restaurant. We found that a little odd. In the meantime she served us wine from a paper cup. It just doesn't taste the same drinking wine from a paper cup. All in all, I feel the staff is awesome. Our server was great! She did her best to keep us satisfied as the bar continued to fill up for the game. I think it's a fine place to grab a drink and maybe an appetizer, but keep in mind beforhand the quality you will be getting for the money you are spending.

Ohio
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We came to the Baytowne Wharf to watch the 4th of July fireworks and we ate at Rum Runners before the show. We ate upstairs in a comfortable room. The tables were bar tables and too small for our party size and they were very willing to accomodate us and let us put two tables together. Our waiter was very nice and helpful.

LOUISVILLE, KY
“Wonderful Food And Fun Restaurant”
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We had a blast... I went with my parents, my spouse,our son who is 2, my niece 13, and her friend 10. EVERYONE including my 2 year old had a blast. They played all kinds of music that we sung along with and staff even got up and danced. The food was wonderful, the service was friendly and the place was just fun.. The menu also offered something for everyone. From steaks and seafood for adults to chicken fingers for the kids it was all really good food. Great atmosphere for family or couples on a date. This is someplace we will go everytime we revisit Destin.

2 Thank TRAVELMOMS2