“This is a 5 for a Budget Inn”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sanford
Guelph Ont.
“This is a 5 for a Budget Inn”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Very close to the airport. Park and fly service. No shuttle but a reasonable taxi service available. Staff were helpful and courteous. Swimming pool was sparkling and clean. Ihop next door. Beautiful view of the lake at the rear of the building. We will stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed for one night before my flight. I was expecting the worst after reading the reviews but the rooms were clean and modern.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and it's next to a beautiful lake where locals fish. There were snapping turtles peeping up amongst the water lillies and there's a BBQ and picnic area.
So I was pleasantly surprised.
The free wifi was perfect too, you could use it everywhere - by the lake as well as in your room. And I had a huge tv with lots of channels.
There's also a restaurant right next door.
One local warned me that the area could be rough and it was not safe to go out on your own in the dark, but I guess that could be true of many places and I did not witness anything bad.
The only real bad thing I could say was there was a bad smell in my room. It smelt like someone had pissed on the carpet. So I kept my shoes on!
But for the price I think it was really good and I would go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room nearest the reception, it was quiet, close to the pool, but smelt funky.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kerrih102
English, Indiana
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were looking for a hotel close to the airport and affordable, which is why we chose the Budget Inn. I was slightly worried about what the condition might be because I did get such a great rate. Surprisingly though, it's a very decent place to stay. The rooms were pretty clean, there's a pool, and it does back up to a nice little lake. But, the best part was the amazing staff at the front desk! John was working when we were there and was extremely nice - even printed out my plane tickets and fixed the vending machine so we could have a snack. They also gave us the number to a nice and affordable taxi service - $10 to the airport! Worth the money spent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amixon
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Perfect for a one night stopover when you touch down in Orlando if you got drunk on the flight. Front desk staff were very friendly and polite. Efficient check-in. Rooms basic and ours had a slight musty smell but clean and functional. Pool was clean. Close to Airport - $15 taxi ride. Eateries within walking distance. (Try Kerrs Wing House) No Complaints and a bargain price. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank papah76
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I live out of state and was visiting Florida and needed to stay for a week. Not only was the price very reasonable but the customer service was exceptional, the room and pool was clean and everything was in working order. Imran, Rosari, John, and Alejandra were extremely accommodating, not to mention, all of the staff always had a welcoming smile. I would definitely recommend the Budget Inn and when I visit Florida again I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Was nervous r/t other reviews but went 4 it as closest to my sis home. Felt bad we did cancel 2 rooms as they DO NOT have rooms where door can be left open between rooms 4 family w/kids. We stayed in one double room and it was GREAT 4 $. Really nice pillows and OK beds. Love the fact vanity and sink seperate from small tub/shower/loo room. Plenty of room to put your "stuff" Has small fridge & Microwave. Yes rooms are little worn/old but clean as was pool. WHAT U WANT for the $ u pay?? You can sit out by dock/grills/pavillion with picknick tables on lake. REALLY! They even had coffee/tea in lobby. When I want Ritz then I pay 450$ and up. When I go back to see sis I WILL BE HERE. IHOP next door had good food too and Mels diner across street OK. So realize you pay 2 star Price and get 3 star value. Any ? e-mail me fellow trippies. :-)

Room Tip: Crowd is 2 star mixed bag. We stay upstairs.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Due to issues or unforeseen circumstances the end result was The Budget Inn, why in the world here. The rooms were always gross but the helpfulness IN THE beginning is what made my family stay. They made us feel like for the money we paid we were going to be taken care of but that was a joke. John and the late night person were super nice but Amari the manager has the worst attitude imagined. Room service fails to clean your room if you stay a week or more and it's your fault. I would not recommend this place to an animal shelter... Roaches, mold and mildew in EVERY room... You would be better of paying more for far better.. This place SUCKS!!!

Room Tip: Don't come here and waste your money!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanford
Monroe's On The Lake Hotel & Banquet Hall
Comfort Inn & Suites North Orlando / Sanford
Hilton Garden Inn - Orlando North/Lake Mary
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
SpringHill Suites Orlando North/Sanford
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!