Forty / Fifteen
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$243
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$180
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$405
Song of the Sea
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
US$332
Official Site
US$175
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
US$262
US$187
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$241
US$281
US$265
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$191
Orbitz.com
Kona Kai Motel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$121
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Quiet area of the beach with 2 pools. The cottages are adequate and each a 10 second walk to the beach. This is not a resort, but a nice place to stay for peace and quiet and include your dog. We plan to go back. When booking a cottage remember it is a cottage, not a resort with a manager and staff at

Room Tip: Try to stay close to the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank StevenAK
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights on a much needed getaway July 2010. We found it on Trip Advisor- the ratings were good, and we were so excited to go. We got there and the cottages were a bit rustic, but adequate- you could tell they were built decades ago, but had a fresh coat of paint applied recently. They had a small patio area in our cabin- I sat out and read one morning and got bitten up so badly by fleas (or something) that I had tons of itchy, red welts up and down my legs the rest of the stay.

We had not realized it was a pet friendly place- this didn't really bother us, since we are pet lovers ourselves and it was kind of neat to see dogs on the beach. However, there was also dog poop on the beach and the grounds, which was pretty gross. The grounds themselves were very campground-ish looking and not terribly pretty. There were several half chopped down trees that were an eyesore, right near the beach.

They did allow you to use kayaks, which were fun and bikes, which we didn't end up using. They also had laundry facilities, which were not well marked. I accidentally used the employees laundry facilities and went to retrieve my laundry and it was gone. I went into the office to ask about its whereabouts and the owner's wife was very rude and accusing to me- saying, "why were you using our laundry facilities?" Again, it was not marked clearly which facilities were for guests versus employees. I was shocked by the accusing tone and flustered manner in which she handled the situation.

Overall, I would NEVER stay here again and regret spending the money on our trip there.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank spaldina
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My wife and I have stayed at 4015 on and off for 25 years and never have the accommodations been better. Fresh paint, new appliances and clean as a whistle in our own cottage.

We love the quiet, casual privacy. It's almost like owning a place of your own. No multi-story crowds and it provides direct access to the beach.

Wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom2468024
Reviewed 18 April 2010

I was so keen to stay here that I chose to spend my 11 nights' vacation in 5 different cottages in the Mitchell's Sandcastles / Forty-Fifteen resort. And I am thrilled that I did because I discovered a resort that I would love to go back to year after year. The location cannot be beat: on the beach, no roads to cross, in a beautiful neighbourhood close to the Wildlife refuge. The grounds are lovely; the 2 pools are terrific, very well maintained. The cottages are excellent across the whole budget spectrum: No.9 (the numbered cottages are part of the Forty Fifteen half of the complex) is pure luxury: spacious, airy, flooded with light, superbly equipped and with a travel-brochure view. No. 1 has very impressive walls of windows on 3 sides with compelling views of the Gulf and sunsets. At the more budget-friendly end, No.8, a former caretaker's cottage, became my favourite as the lack of view was more than made up for with character and solid pieces of furniture. The one cottage we sampled on the Mitchell's side, Sand Dollar, was also excellent, spotlessly clean and well equipped.
Throughout both halves of the complex, the impression is that the owners Joel and Kim must have travelled a great deal and made mental notes as to the standards and facilities they would want for themselves; as recent purchasers of the property, they went ahead and set those standards for their guests to enjoy. From the cottage interiors to the computing facilities in the business centre, those standards are clear and met. They are friendly, approachable and at the same time brisk and effective - courteous and competent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank faye_g
Reviewed 31 January 2010

What an amazing turnaround at 4015! After booking our stay, I read some trip advisor comments, and was a little worried about what we would find. The minute we got there my fears disappeared! The new owners, Joel and Kim were incredibly warm and welcoming and saw to it that our every request was taken care of right away. These two have done an amazing job to bring the place and the neighboring Mitchell's back to life after long neglect. We stayed 10 days during the record cold spell of early January, and while the weather was not the best, our cabin was a lovely place to watch the sunrise and sunset. It was spacious, attractively furnished and right on the beach. The abundance of trees and vegetation allowed us to birdwatch from our porch. We will definitely return - probably even this year to catch up on the warm weather that we missed in January!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple