“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sanibel Grill

Sanibel Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We brought the family here for dinner. Sanibel Grill is located right next to Timbers. The food was great and reasonably priced. The service was not the best. I had the crunchy grouper basket (YUM)! Nothing fancy, no frills. Just a sports bar. I would have rated higher, but the service wasn't great and they weren't even busy.

• Visited June 2014

Hanover, MA
“Nothing Fancy but Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I sat at the bar and enjoyed dinner. We had just arrived for our stay and the Sanibel Gill was recommended by a friend. As I said nothing fancy, the food was very good, the staff was great and all this at what we feel was a reasonable price.

Ft Lauderdale, FL
“Good food but service is lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We've enjoyed our meals at Sanibel Grill in the past so we stopped in again this past Friday evening for dinner. The food was good and we enjoyed our meals. But I don't think that anyone from the hostess to the server smiled or offered any kind of welcome. And we were not offered a refill on our soda or tea. Yes, I understand it is a sport bar but I also know the importance of hospitality. We may be back but I think that there are far better places to eat on the island that may actually be happy to see paying customers.

sanibel
“Sanibel Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great moderate priced menu. My son and I had the Chris Berman burger. Yes Chris visits when he's in town. The pizza's are great. The Oysters are outstanding. The baby back ribs were amazing. Crunchy Grouper basket is one of the best. This is a sports bar setting TV's everywhere. Next door is the Timbers if you want a more of a dining experience and fuller menu selection. The tap beers are a little lacking, but they do have one IPA. My first visit to the Timbers was in 1977 in their old location. For 30 years they have been doing it right.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Awesome food and great happy hour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I stayed on Sanibel Island for five days. We visited the Sanibel Grill four times; usually at happy hour. The drinks were reasonably priced and the food offerings were great. We opted for the crunchy grouper dinner and were amazed at how light the fish was coated and just how great it tasted. We had to have it one more time before heading home.
The bartenders were very friendly and we were able to meet some of the locals, who were regulars at the Sanibel Grill. We are avid baseball fans and there were many TVs to watch just about any game that was televised. We have eaten at the Timbers, the larger restaurant that adjoins the Sanibel Grill and were always pleased with our meal. But for casual dining and enjoying a couple of drinks at happy hour, the Sanibel Grill has to be the best on the island. We miss it already!

1 Thank J B