“Sanibel at its Best!!”
Review of Parrot Nest

Parrot Nest
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Another fabulous vacation on Sanibel at the Parrot Nest. 5 star rooms in a quaint East End resort. If you want to be 'out of the main stream' try "The Nest'. Comfy beds with fabulous linens, quiet, self-sufficient units which lend to a quiet and restful vacation. We love this place!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 April 2010

My wife and I have been going to the Parrot Nest off and on since our honeymoon over the last 5 years. We enjoy it so much in so many ways. What we value the most is the how comfortable it is and how easy it is to live in. It is a small, select place to stay and there's always a decent crowd that is there. The managers, Brenda & Lenny, do a fantastic job running the Parrot Nest.
Within walking distance to the beach, and shopping makes it very convienent.
I would recommend the Parrot Nest to anybody looking for a place to stay that 'in a perfect way' is the ultimate non-commercialized peaceful getaway place on Sanibel Island. And again, Brenda & Lenny make all the difference in the world!
Cant wait to get down there again!
Mick & Jennifer

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My boyfriend and I just returned from our first trip to Sanibel and to Parrot Nest. We were so excited to have found this sweet tropical hideaway for such a reasonable price! From the moment we turned in the driveway and walked through the tropical gardens, we knew we found what we were looking for. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the rooms were tastefully decorated with real dishes and towels in the kitchen. If you are looking for a 4-star hotel and need to be catered to, then this is not the place for you. But, if you like to take things at your own pace and are looking for a casual, comfortable, affordable, funky, eclectic, romantic hideaway with lots of Florida charm and sweet personal touches then Parrot Nest is a real find!

Pros: Absolutely essential for me was the great shell cleaning station. I spent many hours out there washing down my Sanibel treasures and the private back patio made for a great place to sort and pack the shells. The laundry room was filled with many useful items that we could borrow to make the beach trips more enjoyable-- a cooler, beach towels, and chairs. Brenda was just great, and she made us feel like we had been coming there for years!

Cons: Though the bed was comfortable for me, my boyfriend never could find his right sleep #. However, my only true disappointment was that I didn't have another few days off from work to enjoy the peace and relaxation at Parrot Nest!!

Thanks for everything, Brenda! You made us feel right at home! We hope to make it back again soon.

ox LS & MM

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We did much research, as it seems others did, and read all the rave reviews about this gem. The big plus is location on the quiet side of the island. We found the pitcures on the website were not at all what we experienced. The rooms can be described as Target retro and if you expect daily housekeeping, like trash removal, clean towels, beds made - forget it - this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank beachmama9
Reviewed 13 June 2009

I have been traveling to Sanibel for the past 18 years. Each and every time I have gone I have stayed at the Parrot Nest. Over the years, I have watched this place be transformed from a funky , relaxed, bohemian enclave to a peaceful, relaxing, wholesome sanctuary. I was worried at first when management and ownership changed three years ago, and thought maybe I would finally stay somewhere else. But, I was pleasantly rewarded with changes that not only enhanced my stay, but preserved the peaceful integrity of this little place.

I have read the other reviews here and someone referred to the "non-chalant" service. Non chalant fits right in here and is not and should not be taken in the context of being a negative! To me, non chalant means there is no fuss, no fanfare, no pretense, and no one bothering me with phony, icky fancy stuff.
Instead, I am rewarded with quiet, cleanliness, sweet colorful decor, privacy, quaintness, and a friendly, amusing, pleasant and always available if needed host, Brenda, and her husband Lenny.

The Parrot Nest is a gem! If you are looking for a peaceful, restful, economical place to stay that allows you to experience the tropical lovliness of south Florida, the quiet end of the island, a beautiful nearby beach, and all of the good things about Sanibel without the gobbledegook, then this is your place. I feel a little funny about sharing my special place with strangers, but everyone looking for a satisfying experience on this beautiful iittle island should stay here and see that a fancy hotel can be anywhere on any beach, but only the Parrot Nest and the ONLY Parrot Nest is on Sanibel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lily0823
Reviewed 12 May 2009

Have been going to Sanibel since 1994 and just found The Parrot's Nest. We so enjoyed our stay there. Brenda is a lovely lady and made our stay even more enjoyable. A short walk or bike ride to the beach makes it a perfect getaway. Rooms are great: Sleep Number beds, beautiful linens, retro-mid century decor, everything you need. The Parrot made us feel like we were part of the Island before it became a tourist destination. Sweet and unspoiled with charm all around you. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Good looking pictures on the web site and a lot of parrot related pictures at the Inn.
But...
Very small rooms, nonchalant service. You can find much more spacious, cleaner and with more amenities accomodations somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo