Signal Inn Beach & Raquetball, Inc.
US$265
US$209
TripAdvisor
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
US$354
Official Site
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
US$250
US$212
Hotels.com
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$154
Hotels.com
US$270
US$254
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)
US$374
US$363
Travelocity
Beachview Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$233
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$269
US$199
Travelocity
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$366
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe kitchena wonderful vacationbeautiful landscapingpool and hot tubfamily vacationliving areafirst floorshort walkpetsunitstownhousesandofficebedroomumbrellaspropertysanibel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2008

This was our 5th consective year to vacation at Sanibel but our first at The Signal Inn. I was a little apphrensive about the Inn as I had only seen it over the website and not in person. We were not dissapointed and enjoyed our stay so much that we have booked for Dec,09. We travel with a small dachshund & pet friendly is always a requirement. Lee Ann & Chuck the property managers made us feel right at home, answered all of our questions & welcomed us with a bottle of wine at check in. Our unit was very clean upon arrival, well stocked with extra linens & towels, comfortable & even a starter kit for the kitchen & laundary. The grounds and boardwalk to the beach were well maintained as well as beautiful and so tropical. The later part of our stay we spotted a bald eagle perched in a tall tree at the perimeter of the mangrove which appeared to be his perch. The quiet location on Old Middle Gulf Dr. and the amenities at this resort make it one of the best accomodations we have be at thus far. See ya next year.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank HANNAH97
Reviewed 4 December 2008

My brother and his family from New York have been staying at Signal Inn every year for over 10 years - and they've ALWAYS enjoyed their stay. I often visit them and bring my two dogs. We've never had issues - the huge wrap-around porches give everyone the space to stretch out and relax. The beaches are secluded and dolphins are everywhere! Reservations have already been made for next year!

Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank lovinthebeach44
Reviewed 11 November 2008

We are currently enjoying another wonderful stay at the Signal Inn.
We have been vacationing here--sometimes twice a year--for 12 years. We have NEVER had a bad experience and can not reconcile our appreciation for the property and the Managers, Leeann and Chuck and their assistants, with OviV's review!!!

The Signal Inn IS pet friendly, but is is also pet OWNER friendly. Even those of us who have dogs do not find listening to incessant barking (our dog's or anyone else's) an enjoyable vacation activity.
We appreciate the fact that the Signal Inn welcomes considerate pet owners whose dog's are well behaved. And we appreciate that the managers are willing to address and resolve any behavior (human OR canine) that is an annoyance to their guests.

We would highly recommend coming here for a honeymoon, an anniversary celebration (we've done this!), or a refreshing, relaxing vacation. The shelling is great and we also love the Sanibel Community Church.
Come and see for yourselves. You will love it!

Marilyn and Bill Nolte and Buddy

Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank BuddyLebanon_PA
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My wife and I like to visit Sanibel for a summer vacation about once a year. We have stayed in a few places and have generally had good experience with friendly service. This year we decided to take our 8 month old boxer, Bruno. We looked for dog friendly places and decided on the Signal Inn in Sanibel. The first 2 days were very pleasant and we had no issues and were enjoying the place. On Monday as we were getting ready for the beach, Bruno was in the terrace. When he noticed that we were getting ready, he got excited and began to bark a bit. We did not pay much attention to it since we were going to take him with us and were finishing up. We received a pounding knock at the door and I open it to find a guy standing there that proceeds to tell me that he is the manager and wants me to put "My damned dog inside". I explained that we were getting ready to go to the beach and were taking him with us, he replied that he did not give a damn and that if I did not put him inside he was calling the cops and evicting us. At this point I was really upset and I told him that I was not putting the dog inside and to give me a refund and we would be moving out. He said to come down to the office and he would do just that. He said he had already evicted 4 people for barking dogs that week. I went down to the office got my refund, packed our stuff, and headed up the road to the Castaways where we had a nice week. I spoke to the association manager for Signal Inn and he offered to have me stay and that he would talk to this guy but I was not staying there after that experience. My biggest issue is that they claim to be pet friendly yet their manager does not appear to care for dogs at all. I talked to some of our neighbors before I left and they all said they had no issues with our dogs and most of them had dogs of their own. This guy nearly ruined our vacation. Please be aware if you are looking at places to stay in Sanibel.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank OviV