“My New Favorite Place!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mariner Pointe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
Mariner Pointe
Greensboro, North Carolina
“My New Favorite Place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

The nicest thing about Mariner Pointe is the convenience of staying JUST over the bridge with gorgeous views of the bay and canals where you can dock your boat. A short bike ride- or car-- to miles of beaches and shelling. And SHOPS!! My sister and I stayed in 733--it is all NEW. : ) 733 is quiet, has a super Sunset view-- Its a larger and totally updated unit...however, It is-- on the 3rd floor-- which gives you the wonderful views but might not work for elderly folks. Very LIGHT apt, breezy porch-- and such nice things!! Towels, beds,etc... Like home.. HELPFUL staff/was a plus! Ask for DAVE! You can fish right off the pier, clean your catch at a neat cleaning station on the dock and cook it up for dinner in BBQ area-- my kids would love the two pools.. All in all, cheaper than the gulf-- very nice and relaxing. Going back in the Spring!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I are currently staying at Mariner Point in a lovely condo and we have had such a wonderful, relaxing vacation that we now want to buy here and come more often. These units are clean, we'll appointed--WIFI,flat screen TVs... Great cookware, comfortable furniture and beds with great linens-- no expense has been spared here...
Our 2nd floor condo has a nice view, not full on view, but wonderful from the lanai--and on the other side you have the canal with all the beautiful homes, boats and birds to watch.
Marin's Point--has DAVE! the guy-in-charge who has just made this a very special trip...((thanks!!))
Pools, dolphins, fishing!! grills, suffleboard...You simply cannot go wrong with this quiet, lovely, friendly location!......R-E-L-A-X!

Room Tip: I like the apt style with the BIGGEST LANAI -- that s where you will spend all of our time reading a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is the worst location in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm from Texas, so that's saying something. As of August 2013, the water is nasty brown, plagues with seaweed, and the dolphin and manatee are long gone.

Our specific condo rental was recently remodeled. The owner was super nice. Property manager was super friendly. It's a real shame what has happened to this once prime location. But you know what, this is not a charity. It's your discretionary income. You might as well spend it some place with a decent view and location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TexicanDallasTX
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I wrote a prior review of MP following my stay in unit 232 a couple of years ago. Last year I stayed in a different unit, but enjoyed the same pleasant surroundings and gorgeous view of the bay as had been available during my first stay. This second unit was also impeccably clean and nicely furnished (952) although it is a smaller, one bedroom unit. It was sad to hear that several renters have encountered cockroach problems and I am going to hope and trust that issue will be promptly addressed. I definitely plan to visit Sanibel / Mariner Pointe again in the near future and am looking forward to the same relaxing and pleasant environment and enjoyable amenities I experienced during my two prior visits.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
New jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was really surprised when I read the bad reviews about Mariner Pointe. I have been there three times and the grounds have always been no less than pristine. The unit we stayed in was SPOTLESS, beautifully decorated with plenty of kitchen accessories. We are already planning to stay longer next year! I read about the snake and roach problem. I have seen small snakes there but nothing scary. I have NEVER seen roaches there- on the grounds OR in our unit. I put a great deal of trust in the reviews I read as does everyone who comes here, but every unit is not owned by the same people. We fish right off the pier, enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, and enjoy everything this beautiful island has to offer. Our encounter with the staff consisted of "hello's" and once we were asked to take our towels off of the railing. They do not allow it there which was no big deal. My favorite thing is waking up and smelling the gardenias in the morning and going under the causeway to look for shells.

Room Tip: I stayed at 760 Sextant Court unit 232. I don't know if sharing the office I rent through is all...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lovegoingplaces
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

After many years of staying in beach condos on Sanibel Island, we decided to give Mariner Pointe on the bay side a try. So glad that we did...this is an older complex, but many of the units (not all) have been very nicely renovated. Two pools, two tennis courts, grills, shuffleboard...all well maintained as are the buildings in general. Bayfront units provide a wonderful view of boats entering / leaving the Sanibel Marina as well as lots of entertaining pelicans and other birds along with a pair of frequent visitor dolphins. "No license" fishing from the private dock is permitted. Perhaps not the best location for younger families who want to be right ON the beach, but there is a deeded beach access for Mariner Pointe approximately one mile from the complex, easily reached by bicycling on the paved pathways. No elevators, but first floor units provide direct walk out and stairs to the second floor units aren't so difficult to navigate. All-in-all, a really nice option for a home base on Sanibel Island that is also somewhat less expensive than beachfront properties

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends