When we drove up we were kind of wondering if we booked a good place. It looked a bit old and well worn, but it just got better the minute we checked in. We were several hours early and went in to ask if we could leave the car there until it was time for check-in. Francky (yes, that is how it was spelled) said our room was ready and we could go ahead and unload. When we opened the door and stepped in we were greeted with a complimentary bottle of wine. The place is not new, but it is fixed up very nice. I thought of the movie Casa Blanca when I saw the shuttered windows. Each room has a little screened in patio with several chairs. Off our patio was an exit out to the pool and to the beach...the beach was about 200 yards away. There are great paved bike trails on Sanibel and the motel provided free bicycles to use. The breakfast treats were good and there was a nice outside area of tables at which to sit and enjoy you meal. If we stay in Sanibel again it will be at Song of the Sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Song of the Sea is a romantic Beachfront European style inn located on beautiful Sanibel Island. This intimate inn offers individualized personal service with picturesque views of the beach and the warm Gulf waters on the horizon. To welcome each guest, the Inn offers a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival. The newly updated guestrooms and suites feature rich combinations of mahogany toned wood and wicker combined with fabrics in shades that mimic the sun-soaked sand just steps away. After a day in the sun, relax by watching the new 42" flat panel television or enjoy a glass of wine on the screened balcony. All of the accommodations feature demi-kitchens to create the perfect vacation home away from home. Greet each morning with a complimentary continental breakfast complete with make your own waffles, an assortment of breakfast breads, fresh fruit, juice and coffee in a beautiful setting on the Inn’s lanai. After breakfast, relax by the pool and spa or take a long bicycle tour of the island’s 23 miles of bike paths. The bicycles are compliments of Song of the Sea. Explore the natural beauty of Sanibel, with two thirds of the island a nature preserve, or find a special treasure in one of the shops on Periwinkle Drive. Whether you chose to relax or explore, Song of the Sea gives each guest the peaceful solitude to reconnect with nature and loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick and Booking.com so you can book your Song of the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Song Of The Sea Hotel Sanibel Island
- Song Of The Sea Sanibel Island, Florida