We just got married and are pretty much broke, so found this hotel. On the beach, had pools, looked ok. I was surprised when we arrived! Loved our stay here. I abhor chain hotels, so this was perfect: the room was very nice, beds were super comfy, bathroom a bit small but definitely clean, the room had a lanai (porch) where one could sit and eat breakfast/etc. We had a pool side room and could see the beach from our room, which worked out very well. We went the week before Christmas and it was relatively quiet, which was wonderful! The staff was so nice and welcoming! Rochelle at the front desk was so personable and we had a lovely conversation. The staff were real people, not the over-professional detached type which was very refreshing.
I bought the rooms on Hotels.com primarily because they had a $75 food voucher included in the rate. The food was pretty good at the restaurant: Hubby had Steak which was really good and I had the Hawaiian Chicken which was good, but not as good as the steak. Note: DRINKS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE VOUCHER. It was a lovely cheap dinner.
Our room had a kitchenette with fridge (essential for leftovers from our dinner at the Bubble Room on Captiva), stove, pans, dishes, and silverware. Very useful if you are planning a long stay.
Great value for the price and includes all the standard amenities for Sanibel:
High Speed WiFi
Private Beach with umbrellas and chairs
2 hot tubs
Pool Bar (Not very good drinks though and overpriced)
Restaurant (Great with voucher, more money than I would spend otherwise)
Complimentary fresh breakfast on patio
Complimentary bikes with keys and helmets
Definitely staying here again! Can't beat $119 a night + $75 food voucher. On checkout they also gave us a 10% coupon for our next stay.
Only regret: We only stayed 2 nights, should've stayed 3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Song of the Sea is a romantic Beachfront European style inn located on beautiful Sanibel Island. This intimate inn offers individualized personal service with picturesque views of the beach and the warm Gulf waters on the horizon. To welcome each guest, the Inn offers a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival. The newly updated guestrooms and suites feature rich combinations of mahogany toned wood and wicker combined with fabrics in shades that mimic the sun-soaked sand just steps away. After a day in the sun, relax by watching the new 42" flat panel television or enjoy a glass of wine on the screened balcony. All of the accommodations feature demi-kitchens to create the perfect vacation home away from home. Greet each morning with a complimentary continental breakfast complete with make your own waffles, an assortment of breakfast breads, fresh fruit, juice and coffee in a beautiful setting on the Inn’s lanai. After breakfast, relax by the pool and spa or take a long bicycle tour of the island’s 23 miles of bike paths. The bicycles are compliments of Song of the Sea. Explore the natural beauty of Sanibel, with two thirds of the island a nature preserve, or find a special treasure in one of the shops on Periwinkle Drive. Whether you chose to relax or explore, Song of the Sea gives each guest the peaceful solitude to reconnect with nature and loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Song of the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Song Of The Sea Hotel Sanibel Island
- Song Of The Sea Sanibel Island, Florida