If you prefer smaller hotels to larger resorts, then you will like this hotel. The rooms are ok, they could do with a little modernisation, and some mats for the tiled floor. The bathroom is also quite small, but it's functional. The free breakfast is surprisingly good, with a good range including fruit, cereals, bagels, pastries and even make your own waffles. The free bikes to hire are also great - the island is flat with lots of cycle paths; it is the best way to get around. It is about a 15 minute walk to the nearest restaurant (although there may be some hotel restaurants a bit nearer at some of the neighboring resorts), but this is pretty standard on the island as all the hotels and resorts are on the beach with the restaurants lining the main avenue that runs down the middle of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Song of the Sea is a romantic Beachfront European style inn located on beautiful Sanibel Island. This intimate inn offers individualized personal service with picturesque views of the beach and the warm Gulf waters on the horizon. To welcome each guest, the Inn offers a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival. The newly updated guestrooms and suites feature rich combinations of mahogany toned wood and wicker combined with fabrics in shades that mimic the sun-soaked sand just steps away. After a day in the sun, relax by watching the new 42" flat panel television or enjoy a glass of wine on the screened balcony. All of the accommodations feature demi-kitchens to create the perfect vacation home away from home. Greet each morning with a complimentary continental breakfast complete with make your own waffles, an assortment of breakfast breads, fresh fruit, juice and coffee in a beautiful setting on the Inn’s lanai. After breakfast, relax by the pool and spa or take a long bicycle tour of the island’s 23 miles of bike paths. The bicycles are compliments of Song of the Sea. Explore the natural beauty of Sanibel, with two thirds of the island a nature preserve, or find a special treasure in one of the shops on Periwinkle Drive. Whether you chose to relax or explore, Song of the Sea gives each guest the peaceful solitude to reconnect with nature and loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Song of the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Song Of The Sea Hotel Sanibel Island
- Song Of The Sea Sanibel Island, Florida