“Perfect beach vacation”

Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything was wonderful- friendly staff and excellent facilities. Our reservation included bike, tennis courts/racquets, towels for the beach/pool etc. Kids had a great time with the kids programming ("mermaid" swimming in the pool, log rolling competitions, movie and s'mores night, Eco-centre). Close to the conservation land, as well as Captiva. Would definitely return. Only one thing I could say for a negative- we arrived extremely late, with 3 sleeping children, only to find that the crib we had reserved was not in our unit. Had to wait until this was rectified. Not what I felt like at midnight. However the staff assisted us thereafter in bringing up our luggage (be forewarned- no luggage carts, small elevator= multiple trips).

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Busymomwith3
Julio M, Manager at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Busymomwith3:
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, we have some great things happening in our kids programs. Love the S'mores and movies, kids get a great kick out of that!!
Agree on your comment about the crib. My apologies about not having it in your unit prior to your arrival.
I will follow up with the staff to be sure that this doesn't happens again.
thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back soon.

Director of Services

Write a ReviewReviews (2,447)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had never been to Sanibel Island before and were glad we stayed at Sundial. It was easy to rent a kayak or a couple of bikes and just enjoy ourselves. Lots of pools to choose from and there was always the ocean as well. The only negative was a very slow service at breakfast one day.

Dear Kevin S.:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit: Very happy to see that you enjoyed the bikes and kayaks. I would love to find out a little more information on that day you received slow service in the restaurant.
If you choose to please email me and give me some more details, however if you choose not to is fine as well.
We just try to address any comments with the specific crew that might of been working that day if possible.
Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you back soon!

julio.morales@sundialresort.com

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I and my daughter had a wonderful week at the sundial resort beautiful beach and pool, very quiet, clean rooms, and great location. We will make every effort to return there next year. The staff at the beach and pool bar very nice.

1  Thank Susan F

Dear Susan F.:
I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us. We are working on a whole lot of stuff so you will find some great things when you return and see us next summer.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had visited Sanibel about 15 times before, but I had never stayed at the Sundial before, because I was always staying with family. This time, I was on my own, as it were, with my new husband. We just loved staying at the Sundial! We were not in the main resort area, but off near the secondary pool and the condo-dwellers. It was nice, quiet, and relaxing. As part of their fees, Sundial offers kayaks and bicycles on a first come / first served basis. We took advantage of both of those services during our stay. They were surprisingly decent beach bikes and kayaks. Our room was also lovely. The unit contained a full (albeit proportionally small for the condo) kitchen with a full sized refrigerator/freezer, oven, and dishwasher. We had a common room, a decent sized bedroom, a nice screened in porch, and a larger bathroom than I have at home! [I think we were staying in an ocean view studio, or something like that.] The resort is right on the water, and as the island is quite small, the resort is still very close to all the shopping and activities. As soon as we left to come home, we were just dying to go back! We hope to return next summer, and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Meredith N.:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. How great to see that you had such a great time.
We are glad that we are your choice in Sanibel Island. I do love this little island of ours. I think our beaches are great and the shelling around here is out of this world.
Thank you again, and I will see you back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If I could have given this place 3.5 stars I would have but 3 will do for the following reason:

I paid over 340 for one night for what the person told me would be a 100% unobstructed view of the ocean. This I took to mean that it was oceanfront or at the very least, awesome oceanview. What I got was technically oceanview, but right above a parking lot with a building on the left side of the view, and a giant hill on the other, which made it probably 50% unobstructed. The room was very nice and the hotel was great overall but for $340 a night, it was incredibly overpriced and I thought I was misled.

Room Tip: Make sure that if you ask for the unobstructed view, you get 100% unobstructed or at least tell them...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B

Dear David B.:
First let me thank you for your feedback. I know that it could be confusing when you are booking your reservations with so many locations options. We try very hard to make sure that with every room type there is always a very specific explanation on the website and that our agents are very specific when booking by phone.
I am glad to see that overall you do say that the unit was a good one and the the resort was a good resort even if you felt like you didn't get what you paid for. i would highly suggest to keep an eye on our website because a lot of times we put out some great deals out there.
Again, thank you for you feedback. We look at every review and share it with the staff. Not only to see how we are doing but to also better our product and your experience.
I hope to see you back soon,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great facility with all amenities. Very family friendly atmosphere. Wonderful to have access to (new) bikes and kayaks for beach at no extra charge. Food was very good with great happy hour specials at pool. Beautiful beach. Accommodating staff. We will certainly return.

Dear Nancy B.:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I so agree with you about the new bikes and new kayaks. A lot of people don't realize how much they enjoy Kayaking until they try it here for the first time.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and please look me up when you are back in town.
Have a great summer!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great facility/amenities. Perfect for beach vacation. Friendly staff. Good food. Nice, new equipment - bikes,etc. Large pool. Best beach on island. Spacious, well appointed accommodations. Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Book in advance for ocean view. Other views are very pleasant/garden-like.

Dear Mike W.:
So glad to see you got to enjoy our facilities and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay.
We hope to see you back soon.

Best Regards:

#9 of 19 in Sanibel Island
South Seas Island Resort
South Seas Island Resort
#2 of 4 in Captiva Island

Been to Sundial Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!