“Lovely and relaxing...”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
New York City, New York
“Lovely and relaxing...”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had a great stay this past April at the Sundial. Very relaxing, beautiful location, plenty of amenities. We had a 2-br. apartment that was lovely and had a fantastic view of the ocean. We enjoyed the tiki bar by the pool, and my daughters had fun playing some of the pool games one afternoon, and getting their hair braided and henna tattoos. I overheard a staff member say they were doing some renovations of the pool area over the summer...was wondering if they were doing the gym, too, as it was a bit dreary. Otherwise, my only minor gripes are that beforehand, I contacted the staff to ask for suggestions on what to do with my son, who was on crutches with a broken ankle, and I got no response. Also, a couple times we asked the maids to come back later and they never returned. But all in all, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Julio M, Manager at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear EllenHE2013:
I am very happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay back in April. I am not sure why you didn't get a reply on your msg about what to do in the area. If possible if you could please send me the email address you used. I would like to be sure that it is working.
Yes, the fitness room is in the scope of work. It's going to be great!

Thank you again for your review.

Julio.morales@sundialresort.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very happy with the stay, we will always enjoy the beautiful beaches and facilities, truly a place to vacation and relax.
My family am very pleased with the beautiful beaches and especially the sunset is spectacular

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Carlos F.:
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you and your family had a great time with us.
We will be sure to share it with our staff.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

One bedroom king room included all amenities - full kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, cable TV and free (albeit poor quality) internet access. Beach chairs, towels, umbrellas, kayaks and coaster bikes all included at no extra charge.Sundial personnel were all very friendly and competent. Great location to relax, with comprehensive bike trails on the island and many nearby restaurants.

Only issue was room location. Building C where we stayed is pretty far from the lobby and main facilities. We paid extra for an ocean view but felt cheated with only a narrow sliver of a view from far away. Make sure when you reserve to get the right building as well as the desired type of room. The former is key.

Room Tip: Make sure when you reserve to get the right building in this complex as well as the desired type of...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ralph B
Dear Ralph B.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. I agree about our units are equipped with everything. It makes it very easy and comfortable.
On your view, I do understand your comments. I will be sure to look at that building and the explanations we have out there.
Thank you again for your feedback. We do take this very seriously and we go over it with all staff and Mgmt.
Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We got married at the Sundial on May 31st and it was absolutely the best day of my life! Marina was amazing in the entire planning process and just as amazing during the wedding weekend. We had most of the bridal party staying in 2, 2 bedroom suites on the Thursday before the wedding. Our crew got a little loud and rowdy due to it being pre-wedding, but the bar tenders and staff were so friendly and there were no issues. The food was delicious as always, and we had such a fun time that night- we stayed put right at the sundial and enjoyed the outside bar and food by the pool. After that we all had our own rooms, and ours was perfect. Beautiful ocean view for my now husband and I. The spa did an amazing job on my hair I was so impressed- I was a little late for my appointments, but the girls were so sweet and didn't made me so comfortable! Our nails did chip a bit as for the bridal party and we had only gotten them done the day before, but all I had to do was let the girls know and they fixed them right up! My massage was absolutely amazing! Just what I needed before the big day. When it started to storm right before the wedding while I was getting my hair done the girls were all so supportive and uplifting in the spa! Also, Marina came in and checked on me and updated me- she is extremely helpful, thorough, and sweet! The ceremony was above my expectations, I could not take the smile off my face- set up perfectly on the sundial's east beach. The reception set on the terrace and in the sundial's large area attached was also absolutely stunning due to sundial and my amazing vendors. After we danced the night away we returned to our room to find a heart made of rose petals on our bed and a card signed by the staff of sundial. My family and friends said that ours was the best wedding they has ever been to, and that was in large part due to our amazing venue and venue staff! Thank you so much Sundial & Marina!! I would recommend this resort for all
families, groups of friends, and couples who want a true getaway on beautiful Sanibel
Island!

• Stayed May 2014
Julio M, Manager at Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Lana1010:
First and foremost thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent experience with us, and Thank you for choosing us to be part of your special occasion such as your wedding.
It is great to hear all your great comments. Marina is the best! I am glad you were able to work with her and she took great care of you and your family.
We certainly hope that Sundial Beach Resort & Spa will become part of your life. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back soon!
Congratulations on your wedding!!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family is an owner of one of the condos at the hotel, but even before we joined in a partnership with this great resort, we stayed here all the time and have been coming back to see the staff and enjoy the perfect location right on the beach and just a 2 second drive to any store and restaurants. Sundial is the best place to come and relax and can't wait for the next opportunity to come back!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank chifire5
Dear chifire5:
Thank you so much for your great review. It is owners like this that make a difference with our guests.
Thank you again and we look forward to a great year!

Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

BEWARE OF THE CHECK IN TIME AND HAVE THEM SEND IT TO YOU VIA EMAIL
This is like a box of chocolates, you dont know what you are getting until you open the door because these are privately owned condos and some are updated and most are not. Anyway, the biggest let down was when I booked it, I was told that check in is at 12 noon and check out is at 11 am. When we got to the hotel, the front desk said that check in is at 4 pm and check out is at 11 am. We had to wait in the lobby for 4 long hours with infants and children. One of the rooms was very clean and uodated ( C305) but the other one is dingy,smelly and old (D407) and it was next to the elevator that bangs so loud every time the door closes. The outside restaurant is a haven for mosquitos at dusk and the waiters are not very friendly.

The BEACH IS CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL..the only positive I can say about this place.

Room Tip: Ask for updated rooms because these are privately owned condos and some owners have updated their pl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank jay l
Dear Jay I:
I am very surprised at some of your comments and would love the opportunity to find out a little more about them so we can properly address some of these issues.
On your checking time, I wish I had a good answer but I can't find anywhere that would have 12 noon as check in time. So if you could please let me know where did you get that information so again I can address it? Our normal operating procedure is that if you come in early and your unit is not ready we will store your luggage and you can go to the pool, or restaurants right away, so I'm not sure why you stayed in the lobby. Was that option presented to you?
My email is below so please feel free to contact me with some more information so I can look in to your comments.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

julio.morales@sundialresort.com
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the resort for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon. The apartment was big and clean. There were a good choice of activities, i.e kayaking, bikes, we also played tennis but beware you have to pay extra for this activity!!
Overall we had a good stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sazzle3:
Thank you so much for your review on your recent stay.
I am glad to see that enjoyed your self on your honeymoon and thank you for choosing us for such a special occasion!
We hope to see you back again and again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanibel Island
Sanibel Inn
Sanibel Inn
#8 of 19 in Sanibel Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,270 reviews

Been to Sundial Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!