“Great stay!”

Sanibel Siesta on the Beach
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at Sanibel Siesta in Unit 608. This unit is located on the top floor of 1 of the buildings and is beach front which you can relax and watch out of this unit's 2 (yes 2!) balconies which are screened and have ceiling fans. I must say, I loved that there were ceiling fans on the balconies, both master and guest bedrooms as well as living room. It kept the air moving and also gives a bit of 'white noise' in case there are any surrounding noises that make falling asleep difficult. The unit and property were all very clean. Unit 608 has beautiful decorating and comfortable furniture both inside the unit and on the balconies. One balcony has towel racks for you to hang up your towels and swimsuits to dry after swimming in the Gulf or in the pool. Nice touch. I see some reviewers were put off by not having daily maid service, having to put garbage/recycling in the supplied bins in the resort parking lot, daily towel change and not having beach/pool towels included. I did my homework before I booked Sanibel Siesta and knew this going in so this was not an issue for my family. We just made sure we brought our own beach towels. This information is readily available on Sanibel Siesta's website. The pool was warm and clean. We used it 2x and it was very quiet when we did. The BBQ area looked very nice with modern gas grills although we didn't do any grilling while we were at this resort. Garage parking and beach chairs/toys were a very nice bonus to this resort. The only small improvement I could see that would be welcomed would be an improvement on Wifi. I wish we didn't need to access it while we were here but work is a fact of our lives at this point and work email needed to be accessed. The spotty Wifi made this difficult. But we were only here for 3 days so it wasn't the end of the world. We dealt with Sarah in the office for check-in and check-out and she was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Sanibel Siesta gave little pins to each of us as keepsakes of our visit - nice touch. I would love to come back to Sanibel Siesta and if I get the opportunity to return to Sanibel Island, it will be my number one choice!

Room Tip: We always request a top floor so no noise from above units. Unit 608 is decorated very nicely and ha...
7  Thank SaKon

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We spent our family vacation in a condo at Sanibel Siesta and had a wonderful week. The staff was so welcoming, friendly, and helpful. They helped make our stay fantastic by recommending restaurants, helping setup bike rentals, and checking in with us to make sure we had everything we needed whenever we stopped by the office. They have free popcorn, free Sanibel Siesta postcards, and free tote bags in the office. There are bike rentals on the property which makes it easy to take bikes out for a day or longer. The pool was sufficient for an afternoon/evening swim. The beach front was great and was never too busy (we stayed off-season in August).

The condo itself was very well maintained, stocked, and decorated. Siesta leaves you with a few helpful amenities to start your stay off right. Many condos also have a garage, and ours came with an umbrella, plenty of beach chairs, and some beach toys. There was plenty of information on logistics in the condo info binder, and it was easy to make ourselves at home. Overall, we had a wonderful stay and would definitely recommend Sanibel Siesta for a relaxing, quiet, and enjoyable condo for your time on Sanibel!

1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed for a week at the condo association, Sanibel Siesta. The unit owners rent their units through a management firm which provides linens, cleaning, towels, etc. The property is meticulously kept, including the pool - cleanest pool I've ever seen. The unit we stayed in was a gracious and spacious two bed two bath, with completely outfitted kitchen, TV/DVD/VCR players, books, and two porches, one of them overlooking the beach. I can't say enough good about the place. It's worth every penny, and it's competitive with anything you'd find elsewhere on the island.

And did I mention that it's RIGHT ON THE BEACH?

Room Tip: I think all the units are well maintained. Choose based on price. The ones with ocean views are mo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eve G
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family and I stayed in unit 303 and had a blast. Everything was very clean...which is very important to me and the people at the front desk were very helpful and pleasant. The pool was immaculate and the condo was right next to the beach. We would definitely stay here again.

5  Thank Jonna D
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We decided to take a last minute long weekend and I wish we could have stayed longer after we saw this gem. Beautiful corner unit (2 bed, 2 bath) with 2 screened balconies. Unit was spotless and beautifully decorated. Very close to the beach so we could just pop out for a walk numerous times a day. I liked the beach here better than Bowman's Beach. Ceiling fans were in bedrooms and balconies so it was very comfortable. We stayed with our 16 year old teenagers and it was plenty of room to find our own space but also gather as a family. Landscaping on the property was also amazing. It was a slice of paradise. And owners and staff were responsive and so helpful, We usually like to try different properties on return visits but not this time. We want the same property and same unit if it is available!

Room Tip: Unit 210 was awesome! I think all would be fine but this was amazing!
5  Thank Suzanne C
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed in unit 702 and it was fabulous! Right in between the pool and the beach with easy access to both. Garage under the unit with beach chairs, umbrella and sand/pool toys. Condo was a nice size for me, my husband, 2 small children and grandma. The pool is large and accommodates a good amount of people- my 3 year old son LOVED it! Sanibel has a slow feel to it- definitely not for those who are looking to stay up all night and party. But for a family who wants to relax, it's perfect.We'll definitely be back- you can't beat the price for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MariJ77
Reviewed 5 August 2014

1st time at this location and thought it was a good value. We stayed in room 505. Room was spacious with 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms. Guest room had 2 doubles but hotel was nice enough to combine so it was more like a queen bed. Location of room was conveniently close to beach so it made the back and forth after forgetting items not so bad. The only negative and it wasn't a big one was the quality of beach chairs provided for this unit. It was very worn and one ripped. Other than that no complaints. Staff at front desk was very helpful with recommendations for local eateries.
Another great plus in booking at this hotel is that you book room you want on their website. They have pictures of every room and show you which rooms are available for your dates of stay.

Room Tip: Bring own beach Towels as they are not provided. Building 5 gets more sunlight (on lanai) in the mor...
1  Thank Psycore30
#1 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Beachview Cottages
Beachview Cottages
#2 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to Sanibel Siesta on the Beach? Share your experiences!