“Fantastic Value!”
Review of Sunset Beach Inn

Sunset Beach Inn
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Our families first ever trip to Sanibel Island. Having never been there before, we relied on our research on the internet. We wanted to be on the beach but also wanted to keep the price reasonable. After much research, we chose the Sunset Beach Inn. It worked out great. We paid a rate of $105. per night. On those same nights, the rate at other beach properties were between $165-300. We had room 107. It was great. Room was nice size and very clean. Room had a nice screened in patio, great for hanging swim suits to dry and sitting outside in the evening without having to worry about bugs. Shower was great.The room also had a kitchenette and table with 4 chairs. The pool was great. Right next to the beach. Water was perfect temperature and very clean. And they have really nice lounge chairs and beach umbrellas at the pool and on their beach. I've read other reviews complaining about the complimentary breakfast. Yes, its only danish, donuts, beagles. No eggs or waffles. But so what! Your saving 60-120 dollars a day and your on the same beach as the expensive hotels. There also was one day that they say they ran out of towels. Our family was 4 and they only had 3 towels left. I'm sure that others would have used this as a negative against the hotel. But frankly, everything else was so perfect that I just used my towel from the previous day. It was no big deal. We spent a total of 10 days in Florida. In Islamorada, I spent $249 per night to be on the beach. In Key West, I spent $325 for a beachside room. And it wasn't because I wanted to splurge. Those were the best, beachside rates I could find in those resorts. Sanibel Island is not cheap and it's very easy to spend $200. plus for a beach side hotel room. Getting a nice clean room, with nice pool and beach, for $105. per night was a fantastic deal. On our future trips to Sanibel Island, this will be our place!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank TOMsanLV1

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We went there for couple of days (staying one night). Let me tell you, before you book this hotel on line, make sure you take your time and call the hotel directly for the rates. I booked through travelocity and paid $187 the night while the same room, as a walk in, would have cost $99. Whatttssss??? Exactly! I think that I got ripped off but that got nothing to do with the hotel. They warned me about the "underground" rooms, but it wasn't as terrible. It was ok, in fact, those four rooms are like right there on the beach. Kind of weird, thats true, but no biggie. Now, the free breakfast is joke. Come on, seriously? A tray with some doughnuts and some pastries, and a water down orange juice? But, well... that's what you get. Other than that, the room was clean, you get a mini fridge, microwave, and oven. You got a 7-eleven like 2 miles away, pack a 12 and chill on the beach. I don't think I'll go back to Sanibel, not because is not pretty or anything, but Sanibel is for retired people and is boooooring.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

We had a very nice room with a sunrise view which was spacious enough and perfect for a family of four.
Directly located at the beach with complimentary beach towels, sun umbrellas and sun loungers made it easy to enjoy Sunibel for swimming shelling, a morning run at the beach or the sunset that could be enjoyed at the beach directly at the hotel.
The included breakfast is not massive, but, hey, its free. The service is good and friendly.
If I ever have the chance to come to Sanibel Island again, I would also stay in the Sunset Beach Inn again.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

As always we had a wonderful time at sunset beach inn. have been there before and they continue to be top of the line for a quiet family place . we are always greeted as old friends. we sleep like babies because of the quiet rooms even when there are other families there. The beach is great. The beds are comfortable. what a joy.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I had a wonderful few days at this inn. I researched many places to stay on Sanibel Island and I chose this one for the location and price. I am glad I did! The accommodations were very nice. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the location was perfect. I loved being able to be right on the beach. The inn was the only place in the vicinity that had its own lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach. I had the Summer Escape package, which I could use the credit at a sister location and I chose to use it at the Sea Star restaurant for dinner. I virtually didn't pay anything for a meal for three people! I would recommend this inn and would stay there again. I absolutely loved Sanibel Island!

1  Thank Nole1986
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We booked 3 rooms and all of them were very clean and were equipped with everything you need from a stove to a refrigerator, we were steps away from the beach which was gorgeous!! They also provided free chairs, umbrellas and beach towels, I can not wait to return plus the price was unbeatable!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sarah1024
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We received good service from the staff at the hotel. They worked hard to ensure we didn't have to change rooms when we decided to stay an extra day. The screened in porch is to keep the gnats out at night so you can enjoy an evening outside. The hotel is clean, simple and well appointed. The breakfast is what every other hotel offers and was completely satisfactory. The only recommendation would be more umbrella's and beach chairs. All in all it was a great place to stay. If you want fancy there is plenty of that on the island.

Room Tip: Ask for main floor or second floor. The screened in room is worth it.