We stayed at Sunset Beach Inn for 1 night about 2 weeks ago. Our room was on the 2nd floor and was nice. We didn't have any issues with anything while we were here. We checked in about 9 pm and the lady at the front desk was so sweet and helpful. In the morning they had a continental breakfast which consisted of bagels, donuts, cereal and fruit. It was fresh and good.
* Room was nice, quiet.
* Continental breakfast was nice since there really isn't anywhere else to go that is quick and nearby.
*Staff was friendly
*On the beach
*Carpet needed to be cleaned
*no elevator (that I saw), so had to carry suitcase up steps--big bummer!
Also, this isn't the hotel's fault, but I was disappointed with the shells. I thought they would be bigger and there would be more of a variety. Most of them seemed to be white and medium sized.
One more thing that wasn't the hotel's fault was the bugs outside. People are not kidding about these things. You will get bit and never even see the bug. We didn't take bug spray, but needed it badly!
This hotel really is cute and cozy. You have to compare apples to apples here, so the people that are giving this hotel a low star rating must be comparing it to a Four Seasons or something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunset Beach Inn includes forty-six guestrooms and suites nestled on 4.5 acres of tropical Sanibel Island. Our 360 feet of beach along the Gulf of Mexico offers beautiful shells, tranquil sunsets and pristine sand. Relax by the pool with the Gulf of Mexico across the horizon.Each morning prepare for an activity filled day with a complimentary Continental breakfast, with an assortment of fresh fruit and breakfast breads. Play a set of tennis or ride a complimentary bicycle and explore the 23 miles of bike paths throughout Sanibel Island. Play a friendly game of volleyball with the beach just within view. Two shuffleboard courts await a challenging game near the picnic area. The resort offers two gas grills and picnic tables-perfect for a family dinner out under the graceful palms. Whether relaxation or fun filled activities are in your vacation plans, The Sunset Beach Inn provides the perfect beach getaway for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Sunset Beach Resort
- Sanibel Island Sunset Beach Hotel
- Sunset Beach Inn Sanibel Island, Florida