“Junk Store”

Islander Trading Post Antiques
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We patronize a lot of antique stores quite frequently. When we researched Sanibel Island and learned they had an antique store, we were thrilled. Then reality struck. We visited this store Sept 10th of this year. All I can say is wow. How dirty, cluttered, and way over priced. I don't mind "clutter", but you can't find anything in this store because junk is piled on top of more junk. It's like a glorified flea market, only way too expensive. Plus we were never greeted when we walked in, the 2 employees kept talking amongst themselves as if we weren't even there. Junk store, not an antique store

4  Thank J-K-B10_85

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have been antiquing for years and this store has the widest selection and is the most organized (and cleanest) antique shop I have been in-staff was very helpful to me the day I was there searching for an obscure item, definitely worth a stop!

1  Thank DiBird_12
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stopped in the Island Trading Post, but didn't expect the amount of antiques and collectibles the store has. I was originally a little turned off by all the signs on the door about the size of bags you can bring in the store, no food, no bathrooms, etc. It feels like they'd almost rather you just pass them by. However I quickly forgot all their rules once I walked in and saw the history. We were there close to 30 minutes wondering through the maze and rows of items but I could have spent hours there. Their collection is truly amazing. If you're fan of history or like antiques you have to stop here while visiting. That is of course if the signs don't scare you off.

1  Thank davidhess76
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

My family stopped by earlier in the week and my husband purchased a gift for me. The proprietor seemed a bit inconvenienced, but we shrugged it off as a bad day. As we were leaving the island today, we stopped for my teenage son to purchase his chosen souvenir. He had one item to purchase and saw another. He asked the salesman if he would take less for the second item and made an offer that was admittedly low for the asking price but probably fair. The man hatefully replied, "You need to go somewhere else!" --that was after he snapped at a coworker (his wife?) for dropping some coins/pins. Wow. We should've paid attention to the numerous posted signs- the guy is not there to enhance your vacation experience.

3  Thank havekidstilltravel
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Although we had been to Sanibel Island one several occasions, we had never stopped in to visit Islander Trading Post. Now we wish we had stopped in sooner. The store is packed with everything from antique signs to postcards and while you are looking, there is great music playing in the background. We made several purchases and will definitely stop in again. You should definitely check it out.