We decided on a late Saturday morning to take our children to their first trip to Sanibel Island for a long weekend get away. We have vacationed there by ourselves before.
After a frantic search here on Trip Advisor and combing over many reviews I landed on Sanibel Moorings. The photos of the grounds that I found do not do it justice. I wish I would have remembered to take some.
The unit we stayed in was perfect ( #322) because it was close to the pool, walkways, and beach without paying the big waterfront premium. All of the units are decorated differently because they are independantly owned and ours was in great shape.
Sanibel Moorings is located on the best shelling beach on the island hands down. We left with bags of shells and had a great time finding and diving in the shallow water for them.
You can't go wrong here. Between the heated pool, free canoe / kayaks, beach, grounds, and units it's a wonderful property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanibel’s only Botanical Garden with six acres of lush, tropical gardens located between the Gulf of Mexico and the canals of the back bay. 1, 2 & 3 bedroom beachfront fully furnished and equipped condominium suite rentals daily, weekly & monthly. 2 heated swimming pools, 2 tennis courts, wireless internet, boat dockage, canoeing & kayaking, DVD and bicycle rentals and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sanibel Moorings reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Moorings Hotel Sanibel Island
- Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Moorings Sanibel Island, Florida