“Nice food and good atmosphere”

George & Wendy's Sanibel Seafood Grille
Price range: US$8 - US$37
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Description: George & Wendy Schnapp both moved to Sanibel Island in 2002, George from Buffalo and Wendy from Chicagoland. They met on the island, fell in love and married in 2007. George has been in the restaurant business for over 30 years. Together they opened George & Wendy's Seafood Grille in 2011 to provide a place where locals and visitors could come and enjoy good food, drinks and entertainment. We are open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week offering an extensive menu sure to please any palate. The Chef and General Manager work together with their team to provide a welcoming dining experience for all. George and Wendy's Seafood Grille offers one of largest Hand-Crafted Cocktail menus on the islands, 20 beers on tap, an extensive wine list and a full liquor bar. Entertainment is provided most weekday evenings and weekends. Kid meals are served on a souvenir Frisbee to enjoy. T-Shirts, hats and local artwork are also available for purchase. We are open late for dinner and offer a late night dining menu as well. It's fun for the whole family.
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Had a nice dinner on the last night of our vacation. The food was good but not excellent but service was very good and there was a Blues band playing which added to the lively atmosphere. Our waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable. A plus point was the half portions available for many of the entrees which were a good size for our 13 year old twins.

1  Thank Grahamarm

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Ordered the "Drunken Grouper" and it was the best meal I had the entire time I was in Sanibel. Order this if you eat here- trust me. Great atmosphere and friendly service. I will definitely be eating here again next time I'm in Sanibel.

1  Thank ken h
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a nice restaurant, the food was good, our waiter was very attentive, and everybody (including the kids) enjoyed it. The food was definitely expensive, but on Sanibel Island, I guess that goes with the territory. I would go back and eat here again.

1  Thank OutOfOffice4Good
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The food was delicious. Our boys had the crab legs. The atmosphere was so nice. We had great service and the restaurant is decorated very pretty inside.

1  Thank Misty S
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Went to George & Wendy's our first night in Sanibel. Food was average and overpriced. Service was okay, we had Fernando, he remembered all the specials and could recite them to us, but could not remember a to-go cup, my husband's cole slaw that was ordered, etc. I guess a lot of places in Sanibel are pricier, but I would have been just as happy eating at the DQ up the street for 1/4 the price.

3  Thank SRWIG