This cottage was fantastic. My husband, myself, and our 2 kids ages 1 and 2 had a great time.
First off we had unit #12. Its a 2/1. This cottage came with more than we thought. The cottage was in excellent condition. The housemaid did a great job. Her cleaning was to the tee all the way down to wiping all the door knobs and the parts of the door that you grab. You have your own front porch with patio table and chairs. You have a gas grill off to the side that on this unit its a little secluded so that was nice. The kitchen was great. Had all cooking utensils and eating utensils. A full stove and oven as well as a full size refrigerator. The TV swiveled which was nice you could watch it whether in the kitchen or sitting in the living room. Even the channels were great. They offer several channels more than I have seen in a hotel. For kids they have the nickelodeon, cartoon network, and disney.
Secondly, you have your rooms. They were very spacious. The bathroom was nice and a good size too. There were nice size closets in both rooms and tall dressers in each room as well. The beds were nice and comfortable. Now they are not like sleeping on a $3000 mattress but this is a hotel not a luxury home.
Unit 12 would be great for kids. This unit is somewhat secluded from all the other cottages and the office and its the only one with a huge backyard. Our kids liked that and so did we. We used it a lot.
The beach was nice and for us about a 3 minute walk through the other cottages. They have nice almost new lounge chairs you can take to the beach and in your room they leave you your own umbrella to carry out to the beach. That was nice as well.
The hotel staff was great. We arrived a little early and we were good to go to check in. We also asked about a late check out and they were great to offer us a check out at 12 instead of 10 since the people were not going to be arriving later in that afternoon.
We are already planning a family trip to come back with everyone else in about 2 months. We have found our new beach vacation getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our beautifully decorated cottages and efficiencies feature a living room, dining area, central air conditioning, Satellite TV, VCR and wireless Internet. Cottages with kitchens are fully equipped, while efficiency units feature stove top, microwave and refrigerator. All household linens are supplied and there is on-site laundry available.We are proud to provide our guests with ultra-clean, modern accommodations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gulf Breeze Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gulf Breeze Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Gulf Breeze Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida