“Still a very good overall package”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sanibel Inn

Sanibel Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Still a very good overall package”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

A year since our last stay and Sanibel Inn is still working well. The restaurant is now affiliated to the hotel and the breakfasts there were the best value and quality overall that we experienced in Florida (thanks Tracy for your attention to detail and memory for our preferences - see you next time!). Booking was a long process as we were walk-in guests and it was still around Thanksgiving weekend. The receptionist tried long and hard to get us a good deal but the final package, while good, was not very transparent in prices until we checked out. No really bad shocks all the same, but we like to know exactly what the final expected price will be. Nonetheless, all facilities are still good - some, like the pool bar, are starting to show their age in a big way. Staff are really friendly and keen to help - that is a real plus point. We'll most likely come again.

Room Tip: A good view of the water and the sunrise is a great thing here - so if you can, check to make sure y...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Sanibel Inn for a long weekend and had an amazing experience. Even prior to check-in, the staff was friendly and helpful (I had a few requests/questions). Upon arrival, we were upgraded to an ocean view room and given a complimentary bottle of wine for my sister's birthday. The beds are super comfortable and the bathroom is very spacious, with excellent storage space for toiletries, makeup, etc. We took full advantage of the free bike rentals and spent lots of time on the beach and by the pool (though the water was freezing). We ate lunch at the poolside bar twice and was impressed with everything we ordered (except the guacamole which had a bit too much cumin in it).

If you're looking for a comfortable, quiet place to stay, this is the spot! We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LMC2
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

My husband and I stayed for 4 days ( November 9-12) and all I can say is this is one of the most relaxing places to visit. This was our third time. We had a very nice beachfront suite. My only complaint is that I walked out to the beach at 11 a.m. on Sunday morning and there were no chairs available. It was very obvious to me that people get out there early and save chairs because quite a few had towels on them and no people in sight! I was told by the office that there is some kind of ordinance limiting the number of beach chairs! I get it but for the money that you pay one should be able to relax on the beach comfortably! We chose to hang by the pool until later in the day when chairs were available. In spite of that the Sanibel Inn is well maintained nothing fancy but just a great place to relax and we will definitely go back!!!!!

Room Tip: Daisy Dunes beachfront suite
1 Thank Dancerjaz7
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

I have previously reviewed this with the booking service I used and I didn't realise it is reproduced here but not using my TA details. I am happy to clarify the comments I made in that earlier review. I am happy to put my name and reputation against the earlier one as I do reviews to help discerning travellers make the right choice for them.
Here is what I wrote earlier and why I said it.

Enjoyed Sanibel. Hotel well located and easy to find. Took fall escape package with credit in spa and $75 dinner credit. Room was a suite and comfortable if a little dated. Fabulous nights sleep in comfy bed. Got up early to watch sunrise. Saw sea birds a plenty and obligatory dolphin 20 meters off shore. View from our room was over pool and could see ocean 75 meters away. Bottle of Merlot in room on arrival as part of package.
Our stay would have been almost perfect if on our first night our dinner was good.
We dined in the Sea Star Cafe (part of hotel) using our $75 credit and had cocktails to start.
The rest speaks for itself...................At the outset our server told us how proud he was of chef and staff providing high quality award winning and freshly cooked fare. It was a grand build up but proved to be absolute tosh! The seafood caprese was dripping wet out of the freezer and reheated poorly with tough and rubbery shrimp. The crab cakes were mushy and corn chowder had a re-heated crust on. The Lamb cutlets were ok but had a bizarre nearly raw cabbage side with a piece of polythene wrapping in that should have been seen by the chef before he sent the dish out.
That put the finishing touches to our (lack of) enjoyment to our meal! After some dialogue the manageress gave us drinks included in meal allowance and we called things 'quits'.
We would have had breakfast there on two morning but for the first evening's experience.

Overall it was a good stay on the margins of average/good. We will probably look elsewhere next time as restaurant was poor, sparsely occupied and we now know why. Hope this helps you decide whether to use the fall escape package. It was just OK for us.

Room Tip: Even the furthest rooms have a sea view with a maximum 75 metres to the sea via board walk.
3 Thank skdcitraveller
NE Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Everyone at the Sanibel Inn was very nice and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. I actually misplaced my Ipod and reported it to the front desk. The same day, they called me to tell me they found it. They shipped it back and I received it within 2 days! They went out of their way to make me feel like they cared about my visit to their hotel and wanted to make sure I was satisfied.

Room Tip: I liked that the room was equipped with a small microwave and refrigerator. We stocked up on essent...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Walpole, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

This was our second stay at Sanibel Inn and it was perfect. We had a room with a view of the pool which was excellent. It was newly furnished and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. The lounge chairs and umbrellas available on the beach was a bonus. Shelling on the beach right by the hotel was as good as any other area on the island while we were there It was definitely a great place to stay and one we will definitely go back to again

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

This was our first visit to the Fort Myers Beach/Sanibel Island area and we were so glad that our vacation included 3 nights at the Sanibel Inn. From the moment we were greeted and checked in at the front desk, ALL staff was so professional, courteous, accomodating, and friendly. Sanibel Inn is most definitely the epitome of hospitality and what you expect when you go away on vacation. Our room was extremely clean and housekeeping was excellent. The food at the restaurant was very good, we did eat there a few times as well as tried a few of the many restaurants that are within short drives. (Traders, Doc Fords and George and Wendy's Seafood & Grill all excellent choices as well). We relaxed and were on the Sanibel Inn property, which sits directly on the beach, for most of the time. Enjoyed the bar at the pool, where drinks and food are readily available. It was very quiet while we were there, very peaceful and relaxing - just what we were looking for. We will most definitely return to Sanibel Inn and all I ask is that they don't change a thing till we return!

Room Tip: All room locations appeared to be good choices. We stayed in Dune Daisy which had an oceanfront loca...