In looking for a short, 4-day getaway trip, we wanted to try somewhere in Florida we had never been. With several friends who vacation in the Fort Myers area and another who lives on Sanibel, we saw the photos of the Sanibel Inn and looked into it. The "L" shaped pool (I'm a former competative swimmer) caught my eye and the free bicycles for all guests to use was another attractive item. With over 20 miles of bike paths on the island...
We arrived to find immaculately groomed grounds and the owner at the front desk. We were a few hours early, but were told our room was ready and were given some simple directions around the complex.
Our room was what we expected from the pictures on the website. Our "Gulf View Guestroom" was spotlessly clean and did in fact have a view of not only the Gulf, but also the pool. While not a huge room, we didn't come to Sanibel Island to sit in a hotel room!
We unpacked, changed into "beach clothes" and headed out to see the grounds.
As we were told, the poolside restaurant/bar was open and we had a deliscious sandwich and a drink. A walk to the beautiful beach and we both said this is a place we will definately come back to!
The staff was extremely freindly and helpful, our room clean and quite, and if someone is looking for more amenities, I simply don't know what they could be. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in nature at Sanibel Inn. The Inn offers a wide variety of accommodations and amenities surrounded by beautiful gardens and tropical palms. Come to Sanibel Inn to discover why Sanibel Island was just ranked #1 Favorite Worldwide Destination by Arthur Frommer and #5 Top US Beach by Trip Advisor. Just like the tropical flowers in the gardens, Sanibel Inn reflects the colors of the island. From the brightly painted exteriors to the warm soothing interiors of the guestrooms and suites, Sanibel Inn provides a relaxing and comfortable beach hideaway in one of the newly renovated guestrooms and one bedroom suites. Sanibel Inn also offers two-bedroom condominiums that are perfect for families or larger group of friends who wish to stay together. The Sea Star Café is located at the Inn and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with traditional café fare with an island twist. Sanibel Island is all about nature. Discover nature up close by bike via the 22 miles of paved bike and walking trails. Visit J. N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge to see a variety of migratory birds and explore an undeveloped mangrove ecosystem. Take a walk on the beaches and find rare shells such as the Junonia or 200 other species of shells. Take to the waters of the Gulf by kayak for a different point of view. Feel like a friendly tennis match, Sanibel Inn has a newly refurbished court on the grounds of the Inn or visit The Dunes Golf & Tennis Club. Sanibel Inn guests are also invited to golf at The Dunes where the greens wind through 75 acres of natural lake view fairways and Audubon Cooperative Society wetlands. After a morning of exploration, unwind by the pool and bathe in the warm Florida sun. Just steps away, the Beach Bar offers cool libations and poolside snacks. Sanibel Inn offers a gateway to the various activities on Sanibel and the perfect spot for a relaxing day in the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sanibel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Hotel
- Sanibel Island Resort
- Sanibel Inn Beach Resort
- Sanibel Bed Breakfast
- Sanibel Inn Sanibel Island, Florida