This was only our second visit to Sanibel Island and we decided to try this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendly, courteous staff and the great service we received. Raymond greeted us upon our arrival and we registered and he explained all the amenities available and told us to call him if we needed anything.
I was impressed by the room, facing the pool and gulf, and totally screened in to prevent bugs from biting. The room was clean for the most part, but we had to call in housekeeping to touch up some spots in the bathroom, which they promptly attended to. The air conditioner worked well and kept the temperature cool the entire time we were there. We had a microwave, refrigerator, cabinets and s mall table in the kitchen area. Although there were folks on both sides of us, you could hear nothing and the room was nice and quiet. The only thing missing here, was an outside fan to circulate the air on the enclosed deck. We had a non smoking room and there was a hint of cigarette smell on the outside deck.
The pool was well attended to and was clean. There were plenty of chaises about as well as regular seats and tables. I thought there could have been a place, near the pool, where there was a bit of shade to get out the blazing hot sun. The Tiki bar was great and the entire personnel staff was courteous to a turn, pleasant, helpful, and very professional. The only real down point is that they do not offer morning coffee other than the small pots in your room. Those coffee pots leave much to be desired in the taste etc. and I would refer to have freshly brewed coffee available, especially in the morning.
This is a place that I would definitely return to when I come back to Sanibel. The friendly atmosphere and the "family feeling" they create here, makes this a wonderful place and well worth the money spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in nature at Sanibel Inn. The Inn offers a wide variety of accommodations and amenities surrounded by beautiful gardens and tropical palms. Come to Sanibel Inn to discover why Sanibel Island was just ranked #1 Favorite Worldwide Destination by Arthur Frommer and #5 Top US Beach by Trip Advisor. Just like the tropical flowers in the gardens, Sanibel Inn reflects the colors of the island. From the brightly painted exteriors to the warm soothing interiors of the guestrooms and suites, Sanibel Inn provides a relaxing and comfortable beach hideaway in one of the newly renovated guestrooms and one bedroom suites. Sanibel Inn also offers two-bedroom condominiums that are perfect for families or larger group of friends who wish to stay together. The Sea Star Café is located at the Inn and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with traditional café fare with an island twist. Sanibel Island is all about nature. Discover nature up close by bike via the 22 miles of paved bike and walking trails. Visit J. N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge to see a variety of migratory birds and explore an undeveloped mangrove ecosystem. Take a walk on the beaches and find rare shells such as the Junonia or 200 other species of shells. Take to the waters of the Gulf by kayak for a different point of view. Feel like a friendly tennis match, Sanibel Inn has a newly refurbished court on the grounds of the Inn or visit The Dunes Golf & Tennis Club. Sanibel Inn guests are also invited to golf at The Dunes where the greens wind through 75 acres of natural lake view fairways and Audubon Cooperative Society wetlands. After a morning of exploration, unwind by the pool and bathe in the warm Florida sun. Just steps away, the Beach Bar offers cool libations and poolside snacks. Sanibel Inn offers a gateway to the various activities on Sanibel and the perfect spot for a relaxing day in the sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sanibel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Hotel
- Sanibel Island Resort
- Sanibel Inn Beach Resort
- Sanibel Bed Breakfast
- Sanibel Inn Sanibel Island, Florida