“Peaceful”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Sanibel Island
Sacramento, California
“Peaceful”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here in the summer of 2011 for several days while on our 2 week tour of Florida. Sanibel Island is my favorite place in Florida to visit! Was one of the nicest places we stayed. I'm very picky. It's clean and on the beach. Comfy beds and good for kids. I would refer this hotel to family & friends. :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ReneeFavoritePlaces
Danny A, Director of Sales at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
"Good for kids" I agree. I first came to Sanibel Island with my parents and it made such an impression on me that I have made SW Florida my home. Thank you for your comments!
danny.adams@att.net

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Chicago
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The Holiday Inn in Sanibel Island Florida is not your typical Holiday Inn. It has a very relaxed, beach atmosphere. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool is very well kept and has a tiki bar serving drinks and sandwiches from 11:00AM to 6:00PM. There is a restaurant in the hotel called Courtney's which has fantastic food. The beach is a short walk away. There is also an alligator pond, but I never saw any. Grounds are beautiful! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MomaDChicago
Glad you enjoyed your stay! I too enjoy our restaurant and tiki bar on the beach, Chef Dale is one of the islands best! Hope you do come back and visit us. Thanks.
York, PA
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We enjoyed our stay at HI Sanibel. The room was clean and comfortable. It would be very convenient for families to get poolside rooms as the beach is just beyond the pool. The only downside to the room was the squinchy little (or as my husband says, "child-sized") commode--but the shower next to it was a large, step-in, tiled shower. The restaurant has very good breakfast, a little pricey. Check out the chef's pancake of the day. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Chubbuck
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The grounds around the hotel are wonderful.The grounds keepers and maids were friendly. Some of the front desk staff could be friendlier.It is a motel style hotel.We used Priority points for our stay ,which was booked several months in advance(January) for our stay, which started June 30th.There are two buildings .I was told by the front desk rooms for Priority stays are in the building further from the beach.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 891willwill
Orlando
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We we're visiting for two nights, and the location was great! After sleeping in that amazing king size bed we've decided that our bed at home is just not up to standard, and will be buying a new bed. The shower head was great and got all the sticky sand and suntan lotion right off. The lounge chairs on the beach were awesome! The hotel staff was super friendly. Thanks to Claudia who checked us in and was delightfully cheerful. When we arrived it was very late, and when we woke up and went outside I couldn't believe how we landed on such a tropical paradise. One of my favorite things was the shell sink, so I could wash off my shells before going back to the room. My second favorite was the hammocks. The restaurant Courtney's was eh. The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn breakfast. Thanks to Ms. Patty who started our breakfast off right. (Super glad we didn't have the other waitress that morning who seemed to be bothered by all her customers). All in all, a great location, a comfy bed, wonderful shower, and friendly staff. Thanks for the great getaway!

Room Tip: The Gulf View rooms were all booked, but they were closer to the beach, but truly all the rooms are...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank flowerberry
Thanks for staying with us! I think you nailed it when you said "tropical paradise". Sanibel Island is just that. Thank you for your comments.
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We booked a last minute online stay here during the middle of the week. Two nights, three people two double beds. Got there, checked in with a very personable clerk by the name of Claudia, got to the room, took turns showering and then noticed the double beds. Not cool. Three healthy people in two double beds makes two people uncomfortable.... Called Claudia, confessed MY mistake and she made it right. Thankfully there was a room available with two queen beds by the pool for one night but not the next. There was one available, but not by the pool- not a problem, we would change again. Even though we had already showered and unmade the beds, we moved rooms and Claudia never once made us feel guilty or uncomfortable. The next morning we went to check out and check into the other room and were told that we did not need to change rooms because of a cancellation. Lucky us! We took our belongings back to the room and spent another carefree day on the island. It would have been nice to have gotten a call about the room being available again- then we wouldn't have packed up, but oh well! We did wonder why everything closed down at a certain time- the pool bar closed and the beach chairs were removed from the beach due to a city ordnance , but that was explained later. An employee by the name of Richard was very friendly and helpful with questions and comments my husband had concerning things with the hotel and the island in general. The only complaint was the air conditioners in the rooms and the lack of the Continental breakfast that we usually experience when staying at a Holiday Inn. Upon check-in, we did receive a cool mesh and canvas shell collecting bag that was put to heavy use! We were very comfortable while here except for the air conditioning. We will be back!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristina T
SanibelSlim, Director of Sales at Sanibel Island Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us! Yes, Claudia is a sweetheart, and Richard, not so much a sweetheart, but a very helpful guy! I'm happy we could accommodate you with the larger beds. I don't know what the issue was with the air conditioner, but we have staff on duty to take care of problems if they arise. Thanks so much for your comments!
Jonesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was very disappointed with my decision to stay at the Holiday Inn Sanibel Island. My trip was scheduled for June 22-25 and unfortunately Tropical Storm Debbie arrived at the same time. As the storm was forming I called to check conditions on the island. The Holiday Inn staff refused to offer me any adjustments to my trip since they "hadn't been evacuated yet"! I live in Atlanta and driving for 9 hours on the assumption that the island would not be evacuated was unacceptable. I will NEVER stay in a Holiday Inn anywhere in the world and will continue to spread how I was mistreated to others!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank butterfly623b
I am sorry you feel you were "chased away". Tropical Storm Debbie was not a threat to Sanibel Island, and we were open for business through-out. The storm center was quite far away. We did get some rain and higher than normal tides and on the positive side; some great shelling. As a person who was here in 2004 for hurricane Charley, I assure you we take guest safety very seriously and would have not let you put yourself in any danger. Thanks for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanibel Island
#5 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Sanibel Inn
Sanibel Inn
#9 of 19 in Sanibel Island

Been to Sanibel Island Beach Resort? Share your experiences!