As you've most likely read from the other reviews, the location for this hotel is great (a few short steps to the beach) and the landscaping on the property is beautiful! Another thing you've most likely read is that the rooms are less then spectacular. All of the above is accurate as of this posting (6/16/14).
- Easy access to the beach
- Plenty of beach chairs for guest's use only
- Beautiful property
- A tiki bar with a bartender (Amy) who can make a mean margarita!
- The rooms. They are old, the furniture is quite dated and the style is a mix of pacific island meets hotel furniture outlet.
My final verdict is that this is a great place to stay so long as your goal is to be outside, and you only need your room to crash in. (Which is kind of the point in a vacation)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tranquil boutique hotel nestled amid swaying palms and sandy beaches Sanibel Island Beach Resort is a cherished gulf-front retreat for nature lovers - shell collectors and those who enjoy outdoor recreation mixed with great shopping and dining. Guests enjoy private beach access as well as an outdoor pool and sundeck bike rentals tennis courts hammocks and lounge chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sanibel Island Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sanibel Island Hotel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Holiday Inn
- Sanibel Island Beach Resort Florida