This was my first time on Sanibel so I do not have any other hotels to compare this one to, other than other vacation spots like Siesta Key. The room, small but ok for single or couple, definately not two friends. Had ants and a GIANT SPIDER in my room the morning I was thinking about leaving or maybe staying an extra night. That made up my mind in a flash and I was so out of there. Other things were, first floor had people walking past room all the time and the place to rinse feet right outside my room so there was no privacy if I wanted to leave the curtains open at all. Also was not impressed by bedding AT ALL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Wind Inn is a peaceful beach-front resort on 500 feet of shelling beach. Choice of rooms includes standard guest rooms with garden or Gulf views; and guest rooms with kitchenettes, with garden or Gulf views. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at restaurant, Normandie ; or go casual with food and drinks at our Upper Deck Poolside Bar. Swim, shell and stroll our endless beach. Do laps in our large heated pool; relax at our poolside bar and umbrella-shaded tables and chairs. Play tennis and shuffleboard or venture off-site. Sanibel Island is home to world-famous Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, outdoor recreation, theatrical venues, shopping, dining and historical attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your West Wind Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Wind Hotel Sanibel Island
- West Wind Sanibel Island
- West Wind Inn Sanibel Island, Florida