My daughter and I stayed at this resort from January 2, 2014 to January 11, 2014. I booked it online when it popped up when I booked my airfare and car rental. We were both pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The staff was phenomenal. Our housekeeper was Maria and she couldn't have been more accommodating. The restaurant and staff is the best kept secret in Sanibel! The only thing I missed was a hot tub, then it would have been almost perfect. The cost, however, was a lot more than what I thought it should have been for off season guests. We really enjoyed having the use of the kitchen which came fully stocked. A definite repeat visit if I ever get the chance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Wind Inn is a peaceful beach-front resort on 500 feet of shelling beach. Choice of rooms includes standard guest rooms with garden or Gulf views; and guest rooms with kitchenettes, with garden or Gulf views. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at restaurant, Normandie ; or go casual with food and drinks at our Upper Deck Poolside Bar. Swim, shell and stroll our endless beach. Do laps in our large heated pool; relax at our poolside bar and umbrella-shaded tables and chairs. Play tennis and shuffleboard or venture off-site. Sanibel Island is home to world-famous Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, outdoor recreation, theatrical venues, shopping, dining and historical attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your West Wind Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Wind Hotel Sanibel Island
- West Wind Sanibel Island
- West Wind Inn Sanibel Island, Florida