West Wind Inn
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$405
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$180
Island Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$243
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
US$332
Official Site
US$175
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$241
US$281
US$265
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$191
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,165 results
All reviewspool barnormandie restauranton site restaurantbutterfly gardensecond floorscreened in porchpool sidegreat poolgulf viewan umbrellano see umsgreat shellingbike rentalsbeach frontking bedsea shellsoff season
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Located close to alternate routes to get around. Friendly helpful, staff. Rooms have bare kitchens, perfect for a short stay. Room staff, took care of us. Extra coffee, no problem. Have same features as any hotel on the island. Reasonable rates. Noticed at pool bar, many guests have stayed here many times. That's a great review ! Right on beach. Beautiful sunsets. Close to great restaurant, Doc Fords. Easy excess to Cativa, best Parks. Bike rentals, restaurant food great. Washing machines. Can't say had any issues, perfect. When come back, this my first choice of hotels.

Room Tip: If you want a front and back doors to your room, get a pool downstairs rooms. Rooms on left side, better shaded in blazing sunny days.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wal P
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very warm welcome, it was very nice to receive shelling bags. The room was big and clean with a bonus view of the ocean (we booked a pool-view room). The location of the Inn is great, just a few steps from the beach with all the beautiful shells an sunsets. Great value for money, next time we are in Florida we will absolutely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shopinggal99
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Old-fashioned motel-type Inn. Great large room overlooking pool area and just a few steps from the shell-laden beach and beautiful sunsets.
Our room (17) was beside vending and ice machines, so noisy. Also nearby washing machines and dryers, so a lot of guest noise outside.
Breakfast and evening meal was good in hotel restaurant.
Room included kitchen area with free popcorn in room and candy in reception.
Helpful staff in reception when we enquired about nearby attraction.
Good position on Island and near restaurants, large supermarket / hardware store selling everything you might need.

Room Tip: If you are downstairs you can hear upstairs. You don't want a groundfloor room near the vending machines/ ice machines which are noisy and where people congregate. No lifeguard in pool, so people smoke huge cigars while bathing - not nice for those inhaling whilst swimming and relaxing by the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LindaJLee
WWI-Guest-Services, Manager at West Wind Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our pool, beach and restaurant. We take great pride in our caring for our guests and their input is important to us. There are many different areas at the inn to choose from and upon your next visit, call the front desk to arrange where you would like to stay.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Recently we found ourselves on a road trip exploring the Fort Meyers area of Florida. We realized we were not too far from Sanibel Island so we headed over for a beach walk. At the last minute we decided to stay and began looking for a hotel. We quickly found the West Wind Inn and they happened to have a room left so we booked it. To our delight it was fairly priced and located just steps from the beach. The place is not new but I have to say I found it to be perfect for us. I could tell this Inn was well maintained. We were pleased with the quiet, clean comfortable room and enjoyed a bit of ocean view as a bonus. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave so I quickly decided that this would be a place I could revisit when I plan a longer stay in the area. I was very impressed with the young man who checked us in that day. Spencer was kind, competent and recommended local places for dinner and helped us get acquainted with the area. The entire experience was lovely and I was glad to spend my birthday at the West Wind Inn.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dlh560
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My second time at the Inn. The first time was in 2013. Staff continue to be helpful and courteous. The grounds and pool are well maintained. Wifi signal is strong throughout the inn. Normandies breakfast was great.

My room was cleaned on a daily basis. It is convenient having a microwave and refrigerator in the room especially when you have children.

I like that they give you shelling bags upon arrival and they have a place on the grounds to clean shells. The location of the hotel is great for shelling.

My only complaint is about the mosquitoes . I don't know if the hotel can do anything about it or if you are just at the mercy of Mother Nature. When I opened the door one evening several mosquitoes flew in the room. I killed some but I was unable to get them all so needless to say I was bitten several times. I had repellant but I think repellant with deet would have been more effective.

Despite the annoying mosquitoes, my stay was great and I will return next year.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MS0574

Thanks for staying with us again. We are happy you enjoyed our property, amenities and pool. Also, thanks for telling us you liked the shelling bags. We thought they would come in handy for the numerous shells you would find on the beach. We look forward to seeing you in the future.