No, this isn't the fanciest accommodation in Sanibel, but the hotel is right on the pristine, sugar sand beach, the rooms are clean and adequately appointed, the large, heated, immaculate pool is a pleasure and the on-site restaurant is EXCELLENT. Seriously, even if you are staying somewhere else, stop by the Normandie for lunch or dinner. They have the best chef in Sanibel. Housekeeping in the hotel was inconsistent. Some days we got shampoo/bathroom amenities, and some days we didn't. As a family of four, we had to ask for extra towels every day. One afternoon, my daughter and I returned to the room from the beach and immediately changed into our robes so that we wouldn't track sand all over the room. We then noticed that there were no clean towels in the bathroom. When my daughter called the front desk and asked them to bring us some towels, she was told we would have to come to the front desk to get some. Seriously, the front desk was not even in the same building that we were in. I called the front desk with a firmer message, and they brought the towels to the room. I've never stayed in a hotel where a simple request like clean towels was refused. Also, it irked me that they didn't clean the coffeepot. But, aside from some additional training for employees, this was a great vacation. We have stayed at Casa Ybel, which is a higher caliber establishment, but the extras at Casa were disproportionate to the additional cost. I would choose West Wind over Casa Ybel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Wind Inn is a peaceful beach-front resort on 500 feet of shelling beach. Choice of rooms includes standard guest rooms with garden or Gulf views; and guest rooms with kitchenettes, with garden or Gulf views. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at restaurant, Normandie ; or go casual with food and drinks at our Upper Deck Poolside Bar. Swim, shell and stroll our endless beach. Do laps in our large heated pool; relax at our poolside bar and umbrella-shaded tables and chairs. Play tennis and shuffleboard or venture off-site. Sanibel Island is home to world-famous Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, outdoor recreation, theatrical venues, shopping, dining and historical attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your West Wind Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Wind Hotel Sanibel Island
- West Wind Sanibel Island
- West Wind Inn Sanibel Island, Florida