We'd never been to Sanibel and picked this based on price and location. For the price we got we didn't expect much, but what a surprise.
The location was right on the beach with a nice beach side pool. Our room was poolside and still had a beach view.
The room was not fancy but you really couldn't ask for more. I think some of the rooms have undergone renovation add ours seemed new. Small but very nice bathroom, refrigerator and microwave. The bed was maybe a little hard and the ac was powerful but did make a little noise. Not objectionable and I'm pretty sensitive to that.
Nice poolside bar with free apps at happy hour. Didn't try the restaurant but other guests said it was nice.
I'd come back for sure!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Wind Inn is a peaceful beach-front resort on 500 feet of shelling beach. Choice of rooms includes standard guest rooms with garden or Gulf views; and guest rooms with kitchenettes, with garden or Gulf views. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at restaurant, Normandie ; or go casual with food and drinks at our Upper Deck Poolside Bar. Swim, shell and stroll our endless beach. Do laps in our large heated pool; relax at our poolside bar and umbrella-shaded tables and chairs. Play tennis and shuffleboard or venture off-site. Sanibel Island is home to world-famous Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, outdoor recreation, theatrical venues, shopping, dining and historical attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your West Wind Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Wind Hotel Sanibel Island
- West Wind Sanibel Island
- West Wind Inn Sanibel Island, Florida