“Again and Again - Fantastic!”

The Dunes Golf & Tennis Club
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This is not your *cow pasture pool* course. The course has a water hazard on every link - sometime two. I made par and thought I was the king of the world because all the strokes worked and the ball was dry. Uh... It was par for that one hole - the course eats balls if you can't really, really control them.

The 13th is the ball eater. But it's now my favorite after so many attempts. This is , by far, the best course I have ever played - even if it beats me up and eats my golf balls.

Date of experience: August 2017
in 18 reviews
"sanibel"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Called Dunes on Wednesday, July 12th. Got voice mail. Left message that we watnted to book a tee time. It is now 5:30pm on Friday, July 14th and still waiting for a call back. I would not recommend this course. it is off season, and no response from employees there.

Date of experience: July 2017
2  Thank Patricia F
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Great golf course. A lot of water. Beware of the alligators and wildlife. Had drinks after our Round of golf. MaryLou is wonderful. Very friendly and makes a mean Bloody Mary. Definitely will be back for golf and cocktails.

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank Dputthd
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Nice course. A nice alternative to an executive par 3. Short course but challenging. A good target golf experience. Play can be a little slow (I think the average age of everyone I saw the day I played was 85) but I give one of the rangers credit for asking the group ahead to speed it up! Never before have I seen that. Worth the effort to get to the island to play here. Staff couldnt have been more friendly. Well organized. Hitting balls into the lake from the range is always a kick.
Will return next time I am in town.

Date of experience: March 2017