We stayed here years ago and always wanted to go back. I am sorry to report that we were fairly disappointed in our stay, especially in the quality of our unit, which was a 1 bedroom and are the furthest from the pool and reception areas. All the buildings, including those in the common areas, seem to be in need of renovation. We are not complainers, especially about small issues and we are fairly well traveled but we found things unacceptable when we arrived. The sliding glass door lock was broken, the kitchen faucet was broken and the toaster was broken. These are items that any guest would have a basic expectation of being in working order and should be apparent to any housekeeping or maintenance staff. We also had a problem with ants in the kitchen. We used to live in Florida, so we are aware of the on going battle with ants, but this is a resort with cooking facilities in every unit, so ants are unacceptable. To be fair to the resort management, all of our concerns were addressed, but these are basic expectations of any guest and should not have happened in the first place. On a positive note, housekeeping was attentive and came every day(not at 4pm either). We like the proximity to the beach and the grounds. The pool is large for Sanibel Island, but the resort gets a negative for still using the practice of charging their guests for the use of the beach chairs-who does that any more and they aren't even nice chairs. On a final note, and this is a safety issue, there appeared to be a bee hive in the tree right by the entrance to our building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural, secluded and exclusive, historic Casa Ybel Resort epitomizes the sanctuary, old-island spirit of Sanibel. Occupying 23 acres of beach front property isolated from commercial enterprise, the resort forms a sheltered getaway where romantic surroundings and outdoor recreation attract couples and families alike. Travelers have found respite and hospitality here since the 1890's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Ybel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Ybel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Resort Sanibel Island, Florida
- Casa Ybel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Casa Ybel