We were here for a 4 night stay to escape what has been a very long and cold snowy Canadian winter. It was our first time and we had read some good reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The only downsides were the Thistle Lodge restaurant (average food and too large serving sizes) and the reception staff seemed not happy to be working in a vacation resort (a little smile and some friendly chatter would have helped).
The units are in 8 plexes on two levels with each unit having it's own screened in balcony and a view of the gulf and the beach. It's a good sized screened in balcony with a table and a few chairs as well as a ceiling fan to provide some breeze. We spent most of our time out on the balcony including breakfast (the resturant does not serve breakfast). There is a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, oven, microwave, coffee maker (no kettle though) and fridge and all the plates and pots and pans and utensils, so if you buy groceries locally you can cook your own meals if you like.
Two flat screen TVs (one in the bedroom and one in the living room) and well appointed and upgraded bathrooms and a nice king bed in the bedroom make for a nice casual stay. If you have the lower level units (odd numbers) you can even walk down your own stairs to the beach from your balcony. If on the upper floors you have to use the commmon stairs and older folks may have trouble lugging suitcases up the stairs but I'm sure the staff can assist. There are even laundry room facilities, a pool, tennis courts, shuffle board and stations to wash your shells that you know you will be collecting.
Easy access to a very long beach and the stars at night are incredible, making for a perfect vacation. It's conveniently located just a short drive from Periwinkle Way and very quiet. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natural, secluded and exclusive, historic Casa Ybel Resort epitomizes the sanctuary, old-island spirit of Sanibel. Occupying 23 acres of beach front property isolated from commercial enterprise, the resort forms a sheltered getaway where romantic surroundings and outdoor recreation attract couples and families alike. Travelers have found respite and hospitality here since the 1890's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Ybel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Ybel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Casa Ybel Resort Sanibel Island, Florida
- Casa Ybel Sanibel Island
- Sanibel Island Casa Ybel