All reviews thistle lodge recommend casa pool bar one bedroom suite time share the kitchen huge pool an umbrella screened in porch pool side first floor ocean view gulf of mexico beautiful grounds rented bikes tennis courts beach chairs
Reviewed 9 February 2019

Ahhh, Casa Ybel...two words that make me so happy. Six years ago, my husband surprised me with a 10 year anniversary trip down here. Reluctantly leaving three small children behind, I came down. That was a life changing decision. We quickly realized Casa Ybel would be the perfect place for our busy family of five to escape to. The following five fall breaks we visited again and again and the rest (as they say) is history. You see, I don't know what the bathroom fixtures look like or how new the pan is that I cook breakfast eggs in for my family. But all year I remember the feeling we all have when we wake up on our first morning after a 20+ hour drive from Indiana to see the sun and the sand and the beauty that is Casa Ybel. I'm in love with every detail of the property as the sun shines in. We quickly get ready to head to the beach and pool. Will Kevin M. and Chris J. be there today? They are bartenders at the poolside bar, Coconuts, and now good friends that we can't wait to see. The conversations, the laughs, the artwork on the drink specials board, and especially the snow ball fights- all things my kids will talk and write about all year long. For us, escaping our busy youth sports obsessed lives, Casa Ybel is the best kept secret in Florida...shhhhh don't tell.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

Loved my short stay at Casa Yoel in October. It was my first visit and I was made to feel very welcome by all of the staff. The guys behind the bar at the pool were so funny and friendly. They made our holiday entertaining all of the children around the pool and making delicious cocktails. Can’t praise them enough. Thanks especially to Chris and Kevin. Will definitely be returning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2019 via mobile

Been coming down to Sanibel Island for almost 20 years now and Casa Ybel is one of my favorite places! Beautiful property. Even if we don’t stay on property every time, we make it a priority to visit Coconuts every afternoon for happy hour! By far the best best bartenders on the island in my opinion. They make you feel very welcomed there and even have fun with the young ones! Brought my nephew down a few times and they made a snowman and snowballs for him- he loved it! They definitely know what they’re doing. Both Kevin’s, both Chris’ and Heather are always great and make me look forward to coming back each time! Can’t wait to be back down in 2 months!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 February 2019

The resort is well situated on Sanibel and has a lovely stretch of beach in front of each room. Our room, 122, was shabby and not at all what we would have expected for the price. The full kitchen was poorly equipped with low-end items. We had to call to get closet doors and other items fixed. Would not recommend, considering all the competition on the island.

Room tip: Ask for any rooms that have been renovated
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2019

Beautiful property on Sanibel Island. The rooms were perfect. Having a living room and bedroom separated was perfect for my husband and I as we have very different sleeping patterns. My favorite was the balcony where we sat for hours looking at the water.

1  Thank Ballyvaugh123
CasaYbelGM, General Manager at Casa Ybel Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2019

Thank you for the wonderful review! We remember you and had a wonderful time with the entire family, what a great group and celebration! Congratulations to all, we hope to see you on Sanibel Island again. Warmest regards, the Team at Casa Ybel Resort