This small motel and cottages are the closest to the beach right on the Gulf of Mexico. We stayed in the motel and only had to step out of our door and onto the beach. A large screened in porch, 2 queen size beds, small kitchen made this a perfect place for the two of us. With only 33 units, the good size pool was never crowded(10 people at the most on Memorial day weekend) and most times we were the only ones in the pool. They provide almost everything you need. Plenty of towels for the pool, a laundry exchange, paper towels, dishwashing liquid, coffee filters, and toilet paper of course. No daily mail service if you are there for 7 days or less, but with the laundry exchange we didn't need it. It is an older place, but clean and perfect. We will stay there again. The staff was very nice and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Cottages And Motel Sanibel Island, Florida