we went to sanibel for a 3 day getaway consisting of myself, 2 adult children and 2 year old granddaughter. the young lady that checked us in was wonderful, the room in the motel portion was directly on the beach with a wonderful view. the room itself was not too bad. the carpet was very very dirty, but that was to be somewhat expected with it's location to the beach. on the day of checkout the owner came near the room at check-out time and we had just loaded our car. he saw sand tracked into our room that had gotten there while packing. the motel had no daily maid service and i had swept it several times a day while there. i was going to give sweep out one last time, although housekeeping was coming any time, when he started SCREAMING how he had never seen a room in such bad shape in 14 years. over and over and over. would not listen or anything. the entire time was ruined in these last few minutes. would never go back only because of this one person. had read negative reviews about him but gave them the benefit of the doubt--should have listened-he was worse than what i had read!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Cottages And Motel Sanibel Island, Florida