We recently spent one night at the Shalimar on the second floor of the motel building. The good: fabulous location, nicely kept grounds, great sunset views, comfortable Adirondack chairs for the beach, nice staff. The bad (or not so good): badly dated furnishings, bathroom in need of renovation, full refrigerator blocked access to kitchen light switch so we had to reach using a spatula to turn the light on and off and while the porch was screened against the bugs the fact it faced west and the afternoon sun made it pretty much unuseable most of the afternoon because of the heat.
Maybe the cottages would work for a longer stay but we would not stay at the motel again.
But we still LOVE Sanibel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Cottages And Motel Sanibel Island, Florida