We drove to Sanibel from Miami without any plans or reservations. Just wanted to check it out and boy what a pleasant surprise...the whole island was a wonderful experience. We ended up staying at the Shalimar Cottages and Motel. Since we didn't have a reservation there was only a hotel room available the first night and a cottage came open the second night. Even though the hotel had been remodeled it was not sound proof at all...you can hear every step from above and everything next door. The second night we stayed in a cottage and it was sooo much better. The previous reviewer was right about the chairs they were cheep plastic and not really beach chairs made for the sand but other than that everything else was pretty good. There was lots to do, many places to eat, and lots to see and explore. We will surely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Cottages And Motel Sanibel Island, Florida