My wife and I stayed at the Shalimar Motel for Memorial Day weekend and the experience was less than the romantic getaway we had hoped for. On the plus side, the room was quaint with a usable kitchen, and you are really just a few steps from the beach. On the negative side the bathroom looked old and the faucet only dispensed hot water. The problem with this old building is that the walls are paper thin. If you stay on the bottom floors you will hear everything (I mean everything!) going on upstairs. The first night we barely slept because of the people upstairs, we had to go to CVS and get earplugs to get some sleep. Would stay here again?...maybe in one of the cottages, but the I would stay clear of the Motel....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Cottages And Motel Sanibel Island, Florida