Wonderful place! I had never been to this side of Florida. We stayed at a condo at Bowmans Pass for a week. I figured since this is off season, we would just drive around and find a place for our extra 3 nights after we had to check out of the condo. I am so glad I went down this road, and found the Shalimar. Spectacular, spectacular. I stayed in the 2 bedroom unit. They are by no means a fancy unit, but just very nice and comfortable! The screened in porches are wonderful. We just got back this week, and it was over 100 every day. However, we still enjoyed the porch in the evening. Everything was extremely clean. They worked out a great price deal because of the off season. It is a very quiet resort when we were there. There are bikes to rent, grills to use, a pool, shell sorting tables, and even clothes lines for hanging up suits. There is a laundry facility on the premises. There is not maid service, so if you cannot survive without that, do not come. You just bring your towels for fresh ones whenever you need to. There are towels provided by the pool. Then, there is the beach. AWESOME. White sand as far as the eye can see. The water is turquoise, and plenty of shells. As a matter of fact, we were pulling up starfish and sand dollars(not to keep, because they were alive), while swimming. The water was sooo warm, it was unbelievable. However, you will notice the water is not deep here compared to up by Captiva. There are chairs provided for the beach, which is really nice!!! We loved the stay. The cottages look real cute from the outside, and I will bet they are nice. The ones by the ocean have a great view. I looked at a motel room, and it was exactly that. However, they had a great view. So, if you do not mind staying in one room, this would be the thing for you. It just wouldn't have worked for us, because we had 4 people, and the quarters would have been tight. The 2 bedroom was nice!!! And, complimentary robes were provided. Ahh paradise. I will say, I do vacation in Hawaii, and this place reminded me of relaxing there. The only difference, is the water viewing quality. The water is awesome turquoise, but you cannot see a foot in front of you. Just enjoy for swimming not major snorkeling. Stay here, and you would not regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shalimar is an Old Florida-style resort of 33 units located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Blending in with the natural beauty of the island, Shalimar offers many features without spoiling the natural atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Shalimar Cottages and Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shalimar Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Hotel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Motel Sanibel Island
- Shalimar Cottages And Motel Sanibel Island, Florida